Creating Multi measure rest

I have parts where the first two measure are not creating a MM rest and it should. The res of the parts have MM rests fine. I don’t see any text or real whole rest in measure 2.
Also, I’d like to hide measure one. Show first bar number is not checked in layout options.

Thanks, Ray

Are signposts visible in your layout? If not, try enabling them by deactivating View > Signposts > Hide Signposts and see if there’s a red signpost there on the barline between the first two bars. If there is, select and delete the signpost.

If that doesn’t help, you’ll need to attach the project, or at least a cut-down version of it that shows this area, so that we can take a look and try to work out what might be going on.

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I am showing signposts and there is nothing there. I checked about a forced MM rest break and I don’t see one. Here is my parts score. Thanks, Ray
00 Noche de Posadas 20221010 PARTS.dorico (3.7 MB)

In the Guitar part, for example, the tempo marking (Magico) is not at the start of the first measure. In Write mode, if you move it to the left using alt-left arrow, that should then allow the MM rest to happen. Make this move in the score and it should fix the problem in all the parts.
If you need to re-position the tempo marking, do that in Engrave mode.

Regarding the first measure number still showing, even though it is not checked in Layout Options - if you select the measure number in a part and open the Properties panel, you should see “Hide bar number”. Enable this and the selected bar number will disappear. Unfortunately, you will have to do the same action individually for each part.

Interestingly, the Layout Option “Show first bar number when shown every bar” is greyed out in the "Narrator & Orch. Red. " and “Choir/Orch. Reduction” layouts.

1 Like

Thanks, that was it.
Didn’t know you had to nudge items in Write mode via the keyboard to change the MM rest settings.

Only if the item is not at the very start of the measure.