Creative thinking needed (?), retrieve track names from Cubase to MIDI or OSC

This is very cool.

I had fun reading through the thread, “wait no with Mackie you only get the difference” oh, they figured that out :slight_smile: Very cool to see these two threads interacting.

Love it. How are you using it? OSC on the Cubase machine, and then a tablet for triggering Expressions? Would you mind posting the complete zip here, or a link to google?

I want to play in your sandbox :slight_smile:

Oh wow that’s fantastic, exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks for sharing. I’m working on a (or well been working for the past year and then stopped) script to hijack my mackie controller to inject an auto-banking, so I don’t need to manually change banks on my controller so it just follows track selections instead, and doing so I was also looking to find more information about track names.
This thread if you are interested: Mackie Controller - auto banking - #88 by Shor

Finally got round to cleaning it all up a bit so here you go - here is the link the post where I’ve put the .js file with all the work inside. OSC ripping out sysex track names

3 Likes

Oh awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing. I’m hoping to get some more time for this myself to see if I can get something cool going with what I already have.

Ok I managed to set it up so it sent me the longer name now. That’s awesome that it’s even possible.
It was pretty easy to set up. Now I just need to rework my scripts to both supply a long name as well as automatically change banks.
Thanks again and good work finding this.

Lol, I used the word “just” quite a lot when working all that out…

Good luck!

17 days ago huh?
Well I have some progress with this as part of my script that does automatic bank switching.
Finding names consistently. Thanks again!

Well done - it’s great when this stuff starts coming together isn’t it!?!