- VCA fader controls volume of several tracks comprising a section of music composed to edits in a video
- VCA fader is automated from 0dB to -inf to mute music during certain parts of the video
- Playhead scrolls across area of -inf automation, corresponding faders slide to -inf
- Playback is paused
- one of the following edits is made in the Project window: FOLDER events copy/paste, FOLDER event movement, track add/remove, or track routing is changed in the mixer (basically anything that would cause Cubase playback to hitch for a split second during normal operation).
- VCA fader’s attached track faders pinned to -inf permanently
- No response from track faders to VCA automation back to 0dB
- No response from track faders to VCA manual movement
- All relevant faders now live at -inf
- Mix balance completely f***ed
- Track faders with automation already assigned can have R toggled, may go back to proper level. May not.
- Save scum
- Redo mix balance
This issue has cost me hours and hours of work and made my last project a living hell. Please, God. Please fix this. I beg you.