Cross-repeat tied notes

Hey there!
I wanted to ask Dorico developers’ a question: in a future update, when you add the possibility of creating repeats—as shown in the attached image—, will we have the option to tie notes cross- these “repeat” measures?

Thanks!
Albert.

Yes, we hope to be able to support these kinds of situations with ties, slurs, and other items, though it’s by no means a simple thing to achieve.

1 Like

Ok, right. Thanks, Daniel!

Will you also support to place a repetition mark in a mid-measure like in the image from above?

Sure. You can already create an end repeat barline at any rhythmic position, including the middle of a bar.

Yes, I already knew that. Just asking. Hahaha.

When o when?

1 Like

There’s really no need to bump multiple threads on the same subject.

1 Like

This is one of those questions that comes up regularly - could do with pinned FAQs

I’m sorry, but this would not happen if

• there was a better centralization of the threads
  • these kind of needs got proper attention and wouldn’t be the subject of waiting for several updates without any solution

There is really no need to be toxic about people asking for help that is promised so long ago.

@dspreadbury had the decency to write replies to both of your other bumps separately. Wasting my time isn’t much of an issue when I have plenty of it, but wasting the development team’s time delays features.

I’m so sorry I’ve wasted your time by posting three words in here.
I did not realize you were such an important person.

Wim, this is a matter of courtesy and protocol. Bumping threads here is unnecessary and bothersome because the development team read everything here carefully, and make their own notes. Bumping multiple threads on the same subject comes off as downright rude. Please try to understand it from the point of view of the frequenters of this forum, and (advice that has been given to so many others) don’t assume that because your desired feature hasn’t been implemented, it’s been forgotten.

3 Likes

Thank you Mark. That’s fair.