Crossed or graphically altered stems - technique indication

Hi Folks,

Currently writing a piece for strings and using some left hand / finger board percussion. Per the Gould Behind Bars, this would be notated with a crossed stem (see attached image), but I don’t see anything in the documentation or on the forums that covers if this is possible / still in development, or if Dorico is foregoing any stem modifications/symbols to indicate playing techniques.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 3.35.51 PM.png

You cannot yet do it natively, but you can fake it without much hassle using the Text tool. Bravura implements a host of glyphs to be placed on stems; copy one of those into your score and place it with Engrave mode. You can also now remove a given text object from the spacing algorithm’s consideration, which is a blessing for this sort of thing.

Thank you for mentioning the stop avoiding collision feature! This is what I was looking for in my score!

Thank you @LSalgueiro! This work-around works, but is definitely not practical for my needs. This is a technique indicator I am using across a couple 100 notes thus far, which would be entirely lengthy to place across the score and parts.

Will find some other way to indicate the technique or will use an alt engraving software for now, but would absolutely love to hear weather this is on the docket for future updates.

Thanks again!

We certainly plan to add features for stem decorations beyond the current tremolo notations in future.

Excellent! Thank you Daniel!