Crossgrade from Cubase Pro to Nuendo

I recently upgraded from Cubase Pro 11 to 12 and now wish to crossgrade to Nuendo 11. How does this work, now that I have Cubase Pro 12? Do I still own Cubase Pro 11 after the upgrade to Cubase Pro 12, or do I have to wait for a crossgrade deal from Cubase Pro 12 to Nuendo??

If I still own Cubase Pro 11 and crossgrade to Nuendo 11, do I still get to keep Cubase Pro 12? In other words what is the best crossgrade method for me to apply? Apologies if I have made this more confusing than it should be.

Cheers

1 Like

No. Just as with previous updates, you end up with a license that can run earlier versions, but you can’t use the old license again to up- or crossgrade. That’s why it’s labelled “non-upgradable”.
See: I bought upgrade cubase 12 from cubase 11 , but i shows not upgradable - #5 by Matthias_Quellmann

1 Like

Thank you for responding,
I more or less knew it was not upgradeable, but wondered, as I had 12… perhaps I could have crossgraded to Nuendo 11
So could you confirm that I am not able to crossgrade by any method to Nuendo 11, until Steinberg offer a crossgrade from 12 or I buy Nuendo at cost price?

No. Just as with previous updates, you end up with a license that can run earlier versions, but you can’t use the old license again to up- or crossgrade. That’s why it’s labelled “non-upgradable”.

I asked Steinberg the same question and it states solved ??? Im not entirely sure how the forums work, but is it because you answered my question?

Hi johnnyuk,

Nuendo 12 is just around the corner. You should wait until it is released and then crossgrade from Cubase 12 to Nuendo 12 as it is not possible to go from C12 to N11.

If you need Nuendo now, you could download the trial version in the meantime.

All the best,

1 Like

Thanks Luis_Dongo…will wait for Nuendo 12 to be released then crossgrade

And you don’t lose your Cubase 11

1 Like