Crossgrade from Sibelius

Daniel, are you able to confirm that the crossgrade price will be available for those of us who have stuck with Sibelius 7.5 rather than going on the subscription scheme to upgrade to Sibelius 8? It would be really useful to know as the reduced price upgrade for 7.5 users expires at the end of June and I don’t really want to upgrade to 8 as it has nothing I really want or need, but if you are only offering the crossgrade for those on the current version of Sibelius, it would be perhaps worth me doing!

Daniel has said that any version of Sibelius (full version) will apply.

Thanks Robert, must have missed that one - that is good news!

Re: Pricing/purchasing

by Daniel at Steinberg » Sat May 21, 2016 12:18 pm

We will be sure to publish clear and unambiguous terms and conditions either shortly before or immediately at the time of Dorico’s availability.

I expect that any version of Sibelius between 1.0 and 8.x, and any version of Finale between 1.0 and 2014.5 (or whatever the current version is by the time Dorico is released), will qualify. You don’t need to be using the latest version of Sibelius or Finale. You can hold either a professional or an academic license. However, the cut-down versions (Finale Notepad, Finale PrintMusic, Finale Songwriter, Finale Allegro, etc., and Sibelius Student, Sibelius First, G7, etc.) will not qualify.

Thanks Bob