Crossgrade issues

This may not be the proper setting to ask these types of questions, but if there is anyone from Steinberg that can tell me what’s going on I would be grateful.

I went through the crossgrade verification process and received an approval email, so I clicked on the link provided in the email and got through the purchasing portion. When I clicked the pay now button I was sent to the crossgrade verification process page again. So what is going on? Am I approved? Did my payment get processed? Why did I have to put in the crossgrade information in gain? This is frustrating. I’m trying to give you my money and get the product so why all the road blocks?

Again, any Steinberg reps, can you tell me what the heck is going on?

Thanks,

Frank

Thanks for getting in touch, Frank. Sorry you’ve had problems getting your crossgrade purchased. The way the system works is a bit “sticky tape and string”: when you receive the email from the shop saying that your eligibility has been verified, the “Continue Shopping” link in the email should take you back to the right spot in the purchase process to enter your payment details and complete the purchase.

This can go wrong if you start your purchase on one device, then complete it on another (e.g. start on your phone, complete on your computer, or vice versa), or if your IP address changes between starting your purchase and completing it (e.g. because you start at work and complete at home, or vice versa). I’m sorry to say that at this point your best bet is probably to start the process again, taking the above information into account.

An alternative approach is to buy through one of our resellers. If you’re in the US, for example, you can buy your crossgrade via Sweetwater and still receive the download instantly.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any further problems and I’ll do what I can to help. You can email me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.

Sweetwater was my next call. The only thing I wasn’t sure of is I entered in credit card info at the Steinberg site before it kicked me back to crossgrade validation page. I haven’t seen a pending charge on the card, and didn’t want to end up with an additional charge to have to try and get credited. I love Steinberg products (obviously), but to be honest support for things like this, as well as technical issues can be hard to come by. You and this forum have been a tremendous help and I’m so glad you’re here. Looking forward to getting starting with the full version of Dorico!! The free SE and trial version I used convinced me it’s the right fit!! When the features I requested in the survey you posted are implemented, my productivity will go through the roof!! Thanks for your help and keep up the great work!!

Great, I’m very glad you’re on the right track now. Let us know if you have any other problems.

Hi Daniel,

I just want to make sure about something before I buy. I own Sibelius 7.1.3., am I eligible for a crossgrade with Dorico?

Warm Regards

Yes, absolutely. All versions of “full” Sibelius up to Sibelius 8 are eligible for the crossgrade (and of course later versions of Sibelius up until 2018.1, then Sibelius Ultimate 2018.4 or later are also eligible).