Cubase 1.0.8

Hello everyone!

I have a very old Mac that I’ve been using Cubase 1.0.8 (Build 104 - Not sure if that means anything). I would like to get the software transferred to a slightly less older Mac. I don’t have any way to install it via disk or anything, it’s long lost.

Does anyone know how I could do that? Thanks!

Alternatively, do you know how I would go about getting a replacement disk for this version?

You mean Cubase LE 1.0.8? That’s some stone age stuff that’s unlikely to run properly on any computer made in the past 8 years.

Consider getting a new computer and buying at least Cubase Elements 8, and you’ll get to feel what over 10 years of improvement feels like. You wont regret it.

Ha, I’m sure. :slight_smile: I will look into that at some point. In the meantime, I found the disk. It’s asking me to locate a BFD folder when opening, and I have to admit I don’t know what that means?

I don’t think that’s related to Cubase. Some audio interfaces in the past came with Cubase LE and a lite version of BFD, a drum VST plugin. Do you still have the interface? What is it called?

It’s called Inspire GT

Actually, I think I’ve resigned myself to buying an updated version.

Do you know if the songs I’ve started on in Cubase LE 1.0.8 will “translate” to a newer version of Cubase? As in, will it retain the same characteristics and effects that I’m already using?

Thanks!

It is supposed to but it is unlikely without issues. You’d have the best chance if all projects were audio tracks with all effects already applied. Midi tracks themselves have a good chance to come across but the assigned instruments… probably not (unless you still have working versions all installed at the exact location when you made the project).

It will definitely be a crap shoot. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

On PC it would be possible to use the effects from Cubase LE/SE/SX in the 32 bit version of Cubase 8.5 with minimal issues. This would allow your old projects to sound mostly the same as before, but since you’re on Mac I guess you’re out of luck. If you could use the old plugins in modern Cubase, the biggest difference in sound would come from the channel EQ, which was massively upgraded in newer versions. It sounds very different from the one in the version you’re using so you would have to adjust that manually.

That said most old Cubase stock effects got huge upgrades in recent versions, so it might be worth it to redo your mixes from scratch to take advantage of them.

Okay, thanks for the info! It’s much appreciated.