Cubase 10.0.20 Crashing/Freezing with Unfiltered Audio SpecOps

Hi All,

Whenever I load SpecOps into any insert slot I am able to use it.

The issue occurs when I click on “Always on Top” - the Plugin window turns off and Cubase freezes… no Blue Screen no error, just Freeze.

Nothing works, I have to kill Cubase in Windows Task Manager and start over. Thankfully I have my projects backed up so I haven’t lost anything.

Notes:

1. This doesn’t happen in Cubase 9.5. I can use SpecOps, Click “Always on Top” and it works fine.
  2. in Cub 10 project, I checked FLS slots, 35 slots available.
  3. I tried in empty Cubase 10 project, issue still happens
  4. I have 4 other Unfiltered Audio Plugins…no issues… Click “Always on Top” and it works fine.

I hope maybe someone has come across this issue and has an update. I will also contact Unfiltered Audio

Cubase 10.0.20 Pro
Windows 7 Pro
(all 64-bit)

Thanks

Dino

Hi,

Is there DMP file created in the Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder, by any chance? If yes, could you share it, please?

Hi,

Thanks for the response. There are only DMP files in there. No FMP

I got a response from Plugin Alliance, they said it’s a known issue and are working on it.

They suggested using the VST2 format as workaround for now or just not click “always on top”

DB

Hi,

Oh, I’m sorry, it was a typo. DMP is correct.

OK, so you probably don’t need to attach the DMP files. It seems to be on Plugin Alliance side and they are working on it.

Is there a way I can analyze the DMP files myself?

DB

Hi,

Search on the forum, please. There was some tool mentioned. But I’m on Mac, so I don’t remember the tool.

Microsft Visual Studio can read those files.

If you’re running Windows 10, you could install Microsoft’s “WinDbg Preview” from the Microsoft Store. As a UWP application, it has the advantage of being much easier to install and less invasive than a full Visual Studio installation, also it is more lightweight.