Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

We’re practically neighbors then. I live just off Alamo Square.

Works like a charm :slight_smile:
I recently opened project in Cubase 9.5 due to some incompatible plugin issues with 10 (grrrr) but…
I can never go back as CS 10 feels so much smoother and crisper. Good job Steinberg! :slight_smile:

+1
I won’t be using Cubase 10 until the resizable Toolbox is back (less mouse movement).
Btw I suppose you mean 2 Tool lines with each 6 Tools plus under that the Color Tool.

None. It looks like it fixed, but I cant find it in release notes.

Me too!

“Move to origin” is back in the right-click menu, where it belongs!

One down, 37 more to go haha!

Why for the love of god did you @ steinberg NOT fixed the one thing I (and probably a few more) was hoping to be resolved in this update? Hdpi-setting is STILL useless unless you have the vision of a hawk. I’m most certain 95% of all user have the ~125-150% screen resolution, and cubase still only take 100% or 200%, which ■■■■ up vst’s and whatnot. I’ve waited for this update to fix this as I’ve spent a few hard earned dollars on this program. But no. Gimme ONE good reason not to swich to studio one, or live, to enjoy the fresh looks of the 21’st century?

What the hell is wrong with you?

New fade editor was a surprise… Not sure i like it!

Warp Marker colour in Sample Editor Free Warp seems back-to-front… used to be nice and visible bright orange line when working with warp markers. Now, when I switch on Free Warp they switch to a dull grey which is barely discernible from the bar and beat division markers. Keeps catching me out when I think I’ve anchored a phrase only to find it was the bar marker.

Anyone know if it’s possible to restore the old orange marker colour? Can’t find anything under Preferences.

Depends on what screen size you’re using - my primary display is 49" 4k, and HiDPI @ 100% is perfect for it.

Depends on what screen size you’re using - my primary display is 49" 4k, and HiDPI @ 100% is perfect for it.

Yes. Thats great! But for us who dont have either room nor money for a 49" 4k screen it is not so great. And as almost every piece of DAW out there manage to make their stuff look like not crap, it beats me why steinberg haven’t fix this!? A few facelift’s and some reworked functions just aint enough. I really need this to look the part also

I do agree with you - HiDPI should be practical for everyone for sure - I just wanted to give a bit of balance to the argument by sharing my usage scenario, to show that it’s at least working for a certain percentage of users (and I’d guess that it’s probably higher than 5%).

Out of interest, what screen size/resolution are you working on? Just curious, because my secondary display is a 27" 1440, and 100% scaling with HiDPI is still totally fine on it.

I appreciate that if you’re running like a 15" 4k laptop display, then yeah that’s gonna be an issue, but surely then just turning off HiDPI and scaling up to 125-150 would be fine - on that kinda screen size is there really that much difference? (I haven’t had any experience with running C10 on Windows laptops, but the GUI quality on my MBP isn’t noticeably worse than Logic or Ableton).

What’s the difference between hi dpi turned on at 100% and hi dpi turned off?

No idea tbh - I’ve always had it on, and everything’s looked fine, so I’ve never compared!

Hello,
sorry but after updated from 10.0.15 to 10.0.20 my dialog boxes are changed.
This affects all open / save dialog boxes in Cubase (e.g. Save As, Import into pool .etc)
See the image.
Can you help me please?

Best regards

Thank you thank you thank you for adding drag and drop into DOP. Huge time saver to be able to move inserts into DOP.

What else is on the horizon that we can expect soon? :slight_smile:

the first thing I was checking…very disappointing :cry:

Looks over substance never did it for me.

If you saw me, you’d know why.

I was really looking forward to this fix in this update. Hopefully in the next one.

Just to verify, do you use Windows 10 or OSX? I use a 49" 4k display as well, in Windows 10, from a distance of about 70 cm, and for me the HiDPI @ 100 % scaling is too small to comfortably see the texts and other graphics. I can just see for example the fonts in the inspector area, but it is a struggle. 125 % scaling would work well already with this screen size. I typically use 150 % scaling in windows 10. In comparison, Bitwig Studio lets you to change the scaling with 25 % intervals, independent on the scaling setting of windows 10. These days there are so many different hi-res displays available that fixed software scalings do not work for all.

Steinberg really needs to enable HiDPI scaling settings 125 % and 150 % in the next update. My brand new Cubase license is currently sitting unused, waiting for the scaling issue to be fixed. In the meantime, I use Bitwig. This situation is very annoying.

I put a lot of hard-earned cash towards a 4K monitor last year due to it being highly recommended for those of us with terrible sight troubles. When Cubase was showcasing the new Cubase 10 with videos I was ECSTATIC! I have been using Cubase or Nuendo in professional work since 1999 and I’m terribly crushed now having to consider moving on to another DAW as Steinberg seems to now not care a care about us Windows users!