Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

hi funkybot - yes ilok manager is already latest. no solution so far.

i think this problem with slate VMR not passing the vst2 scan is to do with the length of the timeout window. VMR takes quite a while to scan first time - i noticed this before. in cubase 10.0.10 the timeout window before throwing up the error box is much longer, allowing the VMR plugin to finish getting scanned. in 10.0.20 this timeout window length appears to have been shortened and the error box is coming up before the plug can finish scanning. steinberg could you look at this please? at the moment i can’t use 10.0.20 because of this.

I’m gettng the dreaded ‘average load’ spikes since doing a fresh install of Win 10 and the latest 10.0.20 Cubase. All was working fine on my previous install, which was a previous version of Cubase updated to 10.0.20. Same machine, plugins etc… The spikes go away and previous projects then playback fine if i turn off ASIO guard. Any thoughts? Or should i just roll with ASIO guard off and not worry about it? Cheers!

Are you using a FireWire interface?

Nope, a Steiny UR44 which has been pretty much faultless since i got it. No idea if something odd happened when i did this re-install, but hmm… and to be honest, i’m not totally sure i ever had ASIO guard on on my previous build in the end, but i don’t ever remember problems and me having to turn it off, so…

+1 here.

is anyone successfully using this latest version with slate virtual mix rack plugin?

Yes, Slate plugs all working fine here. Do you have problems?!

yes I can’t get version 10.0.20 to successfully scan slate vmr. it times out while scanning leaving only the option to add it to the black list. version 10.0.10 scans it without any problems.

@stripealipe, what OS are you on?

just bought Artist - have gotten 10.02 downloaded and installed 21.79GB – the update file 10.02 in the download assistant showed 770MB so I waited till after install of full to open.
Now I am being asked to install ~27GB for “Update” and where to install it with Cubase 10 and my Mac HD as choices ???

where should I put it and what happens to the 21GB of space I just installed for the full? Should I have just installed Update at the beginning?

thanks locosan

All you need for a first time install is 10.0.20 Full. The update installer is for people updating from an earlier Cubase 10 build.

Thanks very much David…what a change from Studio 4 (which I haven’t used in a couple of years . So, I am studying and will set up at band practice on Thursday…I am sure my next question will be harder - if I can find the files on our old external drives that we want to go back to work on - locos

If you are speaking of the tool box opened by right clicking the mouse, I can choose 1, 2, 3 or 4 lines. Maybe you are talking about another area?