Cubase 10.0.3 Pro Crashing Randomly + No Crash Report

Hello! So, I’ve recently acquired Cubase and eagerly installed it only to have it crash on random task such as adding Sampler, Marker and even ordinary Audio tracks. What puzzles me though is that I cannot for the life of me find a crash report.

My specs are as follows:

Windows 10
16 gb RAM
240 SSD
Cubase 10.0.3

Thanks in advance for any help given!

Hi and welcome,

The crash reports are placed in the Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder.

Please, attach it.

I had search for it as of the creation of this post, and indeed found no folder named Crash Dumps. Additionally, the other folders presente in Documents/Steinberg/ were Strip Presets, Groove Agent SE and FX Chain Preset - all of which empty (even with show hidden files activated. I have looked for it in every expected location to no avail. Is there something I may have done wrong? Somewhere I should’ve looked and don’t know about?

In any case, thanks for the reply!

Hi,

Then it seems the DMP file has not been created. You can try to use Microsoft procDump to generate a DMP file.

I’ve managed to do it! Here is the file generated from scrath, this meaning:

1. Start cd and run ProcDump64
  2. Attempt to create an Audio Track (right click on track area > audio track)
  3. Crash

Commands used were “procdump64 -t Cubase10.exe”

Below a link to the dropbox, since the file was too large to attach to the forums:

Thanks for the help so far!

Hello, I have Similar Problem.
I don’t even know if the root cause is same but I can easily reproduce the issue while mixer window is open.
Hangs 3 or 5 seconds and then terminates.
No error messages before termination and no crash dump under Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder.
I also generated a dmp file with procDump. You can find it here:

Windows 10 Home (Version 1903)
Cubase 10 Pro (10.0.30)

Thank you very much

Hi,

I reported it to Steinberg CAN-24889.

Hi and welcome,

The crash is in the graphics2d area. Make sure, you are using supported graphics card. Also try different graphics card setup/driver.

Hi,

How do you Add the tracks, please? Do you click to the + button (or use the Add Track Key Command) so the general Add Track dialog opens? Or do you right-click to the track list, and select Add Audio Track?

Thanks

Hi Martin,
Thank you very much for your investigation. With your input which points to the graphics operations, I updated my graphic card driver.
I am using Asus N552VW model laptop. There was a newer driver on the site. At first glance I could not reproduce the issue for now :exclamation:
I hope I do not encounter same crashes with Cubase 10.
By the way, Cubase 9.5 was not crashing with the old driver… Maybe there is an interop problem of Cubase 10 with several graphics card driver.
My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M. Steinberg stuff may want to investigate the root cause.
Thanks Again

Hi Again,
Crashes are going on! As Martin investigated the dump before, i also think that it is graphics related.
Because crashes occur where high graphical process needed, like EQ! As I mentioned before I upgraded my graphics card driver with the official latest from ASUS web site. So what’s my next to do? I am also a software engineer and I know that if you are struggle with windows environment, you may encounter with interop problems with different platforms, chipsets, drivers. Bu if Steinberg is supporting windows releases they know that it is not like the comfort zone of Apple Environment. Bu I do not want to use Apple as a linux guy…
Additionally, although rarely Cubase 9.5 crashes similarly. But rarely…
Serdar

Hi,

Are the crash reports still the same?

Hi, for latest crashes I encountered, there was no crash reports under the folder again.
If it will help, I will provide assortment of dmp files using procdump.

Hi,

Yes, a dmp file crated by Microsoft Procdump utility helps. Thanks.

I can confirm that this crashing without crash report is gone (hopefully, because tomorrow will play live with Cubase 10 Pro) after I update to latest graphic drivers.
I have Lenovo Ideapad 330 with Radeon Vega 8 / Radeon 540 graphics card. Spent whole night yesterday to fix this when windows 10 somehow destroyed his drivers and I had black screen.

Hi all, after upgrading my nvidia driver to “nvidia game ready driver”, it seems crashes has gone! But at this time, there are rendering problems :slight_smile:
But i do not care it for now…

Asus N552VW model laptop
Windows 10 Home (Version 1903)
Cubase 10 Pro (10.0.30)