Cubase 10.0.5 & UR44 tools

Windows 7 64bit
Cubase upon loading complains about a critical error before I load any project, telling me to save the current non-existing project. Uninstalling UR44 tools solve this but cubase no longer has control over the UR44 mixing. It’d be nice to have this fixed. My upgrading Cubase stops at this version, All previous version do not have this problem with the UR44. I’ve been through this with Steinberg Tech support some time last year but this stops with knowing where the problem is but not fixing it. I hoped the free update would fix it but it didn’t and I have no reason to believe a paid upgrade will fix it either.

on rare occasions I can load it without this error message but IIRC its when something else is also consuming processor time, suggesting cubase is loading to fast not properly registering UR44 tools.

…shrug…

Hi,

Update to the latest Cubase 10.0.50, please. If it’s still crashing, attach the DMP file, please.

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Martin you’re funny. Didn’t you read the subject line?
anyway, 10.0.60 doesn’t fix it either. And since this is the last update for 10… that is it, no more upgrades for me.
Tech support didn’t get it fixed but only pinned down UR44 tools to be causing the problem. But without UR44 Tools Cubase has no control over the UR44

Hi,

Unfortunately you didn’t mention how exactly the critical error looks like, you also didn’t attach a screenshot. But if the error looks as I expect, then Cubase crashes in fact and you shouldn’t continue in working on the project. And if Cubase crashed, it’s mice to get the DMP file to investigate where and why did it crash.

That was my point.

I agree with the tech support. It seems to be more on the UR44 side (driver/tools). So even if Cubase 10.0.x will not receive any other update, there is a chance, it will be fixed on your side by the driver/tools update.