Cubase 10.5.12 and zones

Hello,
I have the following minor but unnerving issue with Cubase 10.5.12 and its lower zone. When I launch Cubase it alway opens with left and lower zone active (left is OK, of course). I deactivate the lower zone (I almost never use it), save the file, reload Cubase, and, voila, both zones are active again. Fun goes a bit further, because I can deactivate separately any of them, but activating left zone automatically activates to lower zone too.
So, the question is: is there a smart, hidden place where I can uncheck “automatically activate lower zone when activating the left zone” (I doubt it) or this is the bug that hopefully will be squashed sometime this year by Steinberg?
The environment is: new Mac Pro, OS Catalina.
Witold
PS. There is also continuous problem with eLicenser that once every 2-3 times displays a series of errors about missing access or library licenses and Steinberg Library Manager that, no matter which version is installed, is always in a wrong version.

Hi,

It works to me here.

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Hi Martin,
Your suggestion helped, thank you very much, however I do not exactly know how. What I did was restart Cubase in Safe Mode, check if it works correctly (it did), close it, open again with my file and the problem was gone. I suspect kind of hidden “arrangement reset” might have happened.
Again, thanks.
Witold

Hi,

Does it work after, when you open Cubase the common way too, please?

As I said before, I opened my file after closing in safe mode, so it was opened in regular mode and all worked.
Witold