Cubase 10.5.12 - Project not remembering previous settings. Update? Or spider?

A few days ago, I updated Cubase to the latest update and have discovered that when reopening a project, certain settings are not being remembered. Or rather, some other settings perhaps are being recalled? For example, even before opening a project, the hub page used to default to “recent,” now it opens on the “more” tab every time. That’s not really a big deal though, just odd.

Once I get into a project, the first thing I notice is the zoom level is not where I left it. Instead it is zoomed out to a different, identical, degree every time. I have changed this several times and saved my project several times over the past few days and whenever I reopen it, it goes back to this other zoom setting.

And most bizarre, the metronome doesn’t produce a click. I have to go into metronome setup, select “Click sounds” and change the “use custom sounds” setting to “use steinberg click sound.” I have to do this every single time I reopen my project. I have never once been in this menu and it took some detective work to find this setting in order to understand why my click track wasn’t working. It’s not clear to me if this is the extent of my settings recall issue. I should note that other things like my fader levels, panning, etc… seem fine.

So here’s where the spider comes in. As I was working on this project a few days ago, a spider crawled out of my keyboard! Reflexes took over and i started wildly trying to smash it in a panic. Needless to say, I undoubtedly activated a bunch of key commands and could never tell you what those might have been.

So I’m certainly not blaming the update, it’s really easy for me to see how I could have done something here in my fit of panic. It’s just that these 2 events occurred at the same time.

Is there a way to reset these sorts of settings to behave in a default manner? The metronome one is the most annoying, but I’m concerned there may be other things that have been impacted.

Cheers

EDIT: I just want to add that a similar thing is happening in the Export menu. I always have the behavior set to open Wavelab after export. Now, it’s set to upload to soundcloud. Not a big deal, but I have to change it every time, never used to have to do that.