Cubase 10.5.12 Update Issues

Has anyone had any issues with the Cubase 10.5.12 Update on PC ?

(Windows 10 64-bit Pro)

Hi,

What kind of issue exactly do you have?

Make sure, your Cubase is installed on the system C drive.

Preferences and Key Commands not persisting between Cubase sessions

Also, colours in previous 10.5 projects not showing when opened in the updated Cubase - just all default grey

Hi,

This sounds as Cubase crashes while quit (maybe silently). Do you have any crash dump files?

No

I really wish I’d left the update.

Something is happening when I load the project. Obvs when it saves again, all the tracks are grey as it didn’t load the correct colors.

Hi,

Could you try to trash Cubase preferences folder (Cubase Safe Start Mode), please?

Hi,

I’ve tried that but it’s just not loading any projects with colors

I’m not seeing any errors or messages displayed.

Hi,

Does it mean it’s fixed when you trashed your preferences?

Hi Martin,

No, it’s not fixed.

Update…

This morning, I was talking with someone I work with sometimes and he’s had the same problem but only on one of his machines that has Cubase. Four of his five PCs are working fine with the update, but he’s had the same issue as me with one of them. The five PCs are exactly the same hardware, o/s and software spec, so we are at a loss as to why it doesn’t work on one. Anyway, he reverted back to v10.5.0 and everything was working as it should, so I decided to try the same.

So, this afternoon I reverted back to 10.5.0 and all was working well again.

I couldn’t help but I try the update again but had the same problem again. So I can recreate it on my PC.

But as this has eaten up loads of time already, I’ve now gone back to 10.5.0 again as it’s working again as expected. I’ll just have to stick with this version for now, which isn’t ideal but not sure what else I can do.

Now that’s a big NO NO for me at least with a dual boot SSD 254 GB boot drive !!
Besides: i tried 10.5.12 pro: CRASHES, it’s just again that we’re once again beta testers paying for unfinished business. Lucky 10.0.50 seems to be stable.

Hi,

Installing Cubase to other but system drive is not supported.

The problem can be that Cubase 10.5.12 has rescanned all Plugins. For me i had blacklisted plugins that got tested again and blacklisted again. But no crash or anything. Think the Asio Guard reeds the plugins data and does make a list of latency etc. So the rescan was worrying me a bit. That said exiting Cubase and have unexpected release of plugins that worked maybe before and now maybe not.

on my side i had this error : couldn’t find vst library “” c:\program files\steinberg\cubase 10.5\FCP_SMT_004_Cubase.vstsound

but the file is there… !!

had the choice between “retry , ignore, remove”,

doing retry make a loop message…
ignore make the message appears again on next start,
so tried remove, then reinstalling cubase 10.5 and now it makes the 87 “content” to be scanned at startup and this at each startup :frowning:

any help would be much appreciated, no idea what to do from now :frowning:. i found same kind of issues somewhere else on the forum but it was for halion sonic or 3rd party library, not the cubase one in program files, so any tips given didn’t fixed anything. thanks for the help !

Hi,

I would recommend to reinstall Cubase. Make sure you:

• Download the Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from setup.exe.
  • Install as administrator.

Already reinstalled cubase, but not as admistrator. i’ll re-try that. thanks. (the error message went away after reinstallation, except the scanning of the content now which make much more time as before.).

Then i want my money back !! ; i always worked with Cubase that way … with 10.0.50 again because 10.5.12 crashed.