Cubase 10.5.12

Hi,

I have just downloaded the trial of Cubase Pro 10.5.12 with a view to buying it at the end of the month once shops are reopened, etc. I have to say that I am not too impressed so far and have come across a few problems. I’m running on Windows 10 with 16GB of RAM and a SSD. My processor is an Intel Core i7-8565U, so good enough.

I was using Cubase 8 Artist on a friend’s computer that I’d borrowed for a while, and liked it so I decided to maybe take the plunge myself. I never had any great issues with that, but just today, on my first day with 10 Pro, I have come up against some big enough issues:

1. The average load is just crazy. I’ve 3 or 4 plugins on this project with reasonable latency, and when I deactivate these the average load decreases a lot. However, other DAWs can handle these plugins absolutely fine. What’s the story with Cubase not being able to deal with pretty ordinary plugins? There’s an added irritation with this - there is a big playback lag as a result of this. Nearly a second between hitting the spacebar and audio coming. I’m worried that, if I was to go ahead and buy Pro 10.5, then it will not be able to handle any reasonably sized project.

2. I did a bit of vocal recording today, and while editing the audio, Cubase crashed 5 or 6 times in an hour. Out of nowhere, when no audio is playing and low CPU load. It exited to the desktop with no dump logs left at all. I did a little search and noticed the Real-Time Peak was going crazy - randomly peaking all over the place. I then noticed that I’d left a monitor on on a vocal track. I switched this off and, all of a sudden, the Real-Time Peak returned to normal. I’ve had no crashes since. What’s the story with that? The simple act of leaving a monitor on leads to all hell breaking lose. Does not seem right.

I’ve the ASIO Guard on high and power saver on too.

I’m just wondering if these are common problems and if there is something I can do. I really had my mind set on buying this but really am not so sure now. I need something that is going to be reliable and sustainable to work with.

Hi,

Could you share the DMP files, please?

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hi,

I’m experiencing similar problems with cubase 10.5.12.
I uninstalled it and went with 10.0.60, still have the same issue.

Hi,

Canyon share the crash/dmp file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps