Cubase 10.5.20 Freezing Issues

Hi, new to the forum and can’t find anything specific on this issue.

I’m having an issue with Cubase Pro 10.5 where it randomly starts freezing every time I click my mouse. Running a 2014 iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 wiht 32GB RAM and 1TB HD. Cubase 10 runs flawlessly. When I first D/L’d 10.5 it was unusable, as if constantly froze. I just updated to 10.5.20 and did a session Friday that worked fine the whole time until I opened IK Multimedia RT5 Equal EQ plugin, and whenever I try to grab a frequency in the UI and move it, or turn a band on or off, it freezes. Track still plays back the entire time. Cubase and system performance meters don’t seem to change when it happens, tried in safe mode with preferences disabled and it didn’t help. Changed the buffer size to 2048 samples. it didn’t help. I don’t know if it’s exclusive to IK plugs or if its anything else. I have a bunch of Waves plugs running fine. All plugs have been purchased within the last 10 months, so they’re all up do date and work fine in 10. Anyone have any ideas? I’d really like to completely migrate to 10.5 as it’s a much nicer version with great features, but I’d also like to be able to use all the plugins I’ve paid for. Thanks!

I’ve been having that same issue through all the update versions of 10.5. Also on an iMac, late 2015.

After waiting for days to get support, I was told by a Steinberg tech that they knew of no such issue and that it must be a mac thing. I was originally on Mojave, so updated to Catalina at the suggestion of the tech guy - no change.

Steinberg wasn’t interested in fixing this apparently. I see that you posted this in August and got no reply or questions from their staff. Sad. :frowning: And yes, Cubase 10 was great.