I’ve been trying to export audio from a project in which I was mixing. The project has 23 tracks with roughly 55-60 plugins including the stereo out.
When I bypass all plugins, I can export the audio but as soon as I activate them on even 2 channels, it stops responding upon exporting.
The playback inside Cubase works normally without any latency issues/audio dropouts or any hiccups (my buffer size is set at 2048 while mixing).
Changing the bit size/sample rate at export doesn’t change anything.
There’s nothing in crash dumps because it doesn’t crash, it just stops responding and then I terminate it via Task Manager.
This is especially confusing since I recently got a new PC with an i9-9900K 32GB RAM etc.
It should be more than enough to not cause these issues.
Does anyone know if there’s a way to fix this?
Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a *.DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.
Microsoft ProcDump did not work but I found that you can create a dump file for the app that stopped responding in Task Manager.
So, I did that and the .DMP file has 7.23GB
Anyway, I’m currently uploading it and I’ll post a Dropbox link as soon as it uploads.
Here’s the link:
This popped up when opening it with WinDbg Preview, I’m assuming these plugins are causing the issue.
Yes, it looks like a plug-ins issue.
Any idea why this happens?
I own and use these plugins quite often so this is an inconvenience.
I assume this is fixable by removing these plugins from the project but I would really like to find a way around this since that means not being able to use the plugins I work with in most of my projects, especially Acustica plugins.
Hard to guess… If you can play the project back, you could try (as a workaround) to Export Audio Mixdown in Realtime. Or you can Freeze (or Render In Place) the tracks first and then Export Audio Mixdown.
I’ll try with rendering in place because freezing the tracks nor the realtime export doesn’t work either but I’ll do it in a separate copy of the project just in case anything goes wrong.
After many tries, the realtime export is the only thing that worked after I enabled the ‘‘Suspend VST3 plug-in processing when no audio signals are received’’ option, I didn’t touch anything plugin-wise so the same plugins that apparently crashed the export before stayed active in the project.
Searching through other related threads and reading the conversations inside, it seems that this has to do with CPU spikes in this version of Cubase and not with the plugins themselves which seems logical because when I was trying to do a realtime export without the suspend VST3 option mentioned above, the export would get to about 3-4% and then crash with the message that the CPU overloaded.
I hope we get a stable version soon, at least without bugs like these.