Cubase 10.5.30 maintenance update

The Cubase 10.5.30 maintenance update is now available.

All details can be found in the release notes.

https://new.steinberg.net/de/cubase/release-notes/10-5/

This is the final update for the Cubase 10.5 generation. The next maintenance update for Cubase 11 is scheduled for early April.

How satisfied are you with the Cubase 10.5.30 update?
  • Very unsatisfied
  • Unsatisfied
  • Neutral
  • Satisfied
  • Very satisfied

0 voters

3 Likes

The Version History in the Download Assistant seems not yet updated from the prior version (as of a couple of minutes ago, when I checked).

3 Likes

The bugs that impact my creativity are still not fixed

1 Like

Which bugs havenā€™t been fixed?

1 Like

Please refer to the link in the OP

4 Likes

yeah nothing in there was really affecting meā€¦

really needed AutoLFO fixed and SamplerTrack

1 Like

My system failed to install the 10.05.30 update: first time that it happen!
This is the message: ā€œImpossible to open the XML C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Audio Export Post Process Scripts\OpeninCubase105_64.aep, error system: -2147024786ā€, then ā€œCubase 10.5.30 installation failed. Irreversible error during installation. Error: 1603ā€.
ā€¦

1 Like

What will be in the next realize?

1 Like

This update fixed all the bugs, go for it i just updated.!!

Thank you.!!!

1 Like

An issue that really bugged me in 10.5.20 is fixed (see Unable to mouse scroll quantize values after updating Cubase 10.5.20 - #7 by muzark).

Yet, it is still no longer possible (as in Cubase 10) to use the mouse wheel to change the current active audio event in the sample editor. Now you need at least two clicks per audio event when checking multiple vocals one after another (see screenshot).

If such behavior is changed, why canā€™t this be made configurable?

Thereā€™s some major issues here that are going to get abandoned in 10.5.3 that I donā€™t really feel is fairā€¦ and mind you, Iā€™ve already paid for Cubase 11 which Iā€™m not even using yet.

This just majorly disrupted an electronic project:
Issue: Huge Beat Designer bug - - Number Steps cannot be saved! - - Not with project nor in preset - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

The aforementioned AutoLFO bug (Fixed in next 11 update but not 10.5.3)
OLD BUG: MIDI Insert AutoLFO sending data even if disabled - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

SamplerTrack which has been attempted to be fixed in 11.0.1 but I think is still broken should be fixed for 10.5.4
ā€˜ā€˜Back Up Projectā€™ā€™ Shrinks ā€˜Sampler Trackā€™ samples to nothing - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Arranger Editor not called by Workspaces
Issue: ā€˜Arranger Editorā€™ Window not called by Workspaces - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

and a bonus for me personally would be ironing out this issue to an extent possible
Issue: ā€˜Select Events Under Cursorā€™ command inconsistent on Event Ends (Zoom level dependent) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Having the same issues with 11pro. E-licenser isnt allowing groove agent to run properly

Thanks for fixing the metronome before you ditched 10.5! :mask: (smiling underneath)

1 Like

This is ridiculous. I posted this error months ago (without getting any answer, mind you), and it still is an error in that version. 2 bugfix-versions, thatā€™s what you get. I been using Cubase since 1996, way to go, Steinberg.

Posting screenshots of the errors again. It happens when you leave Cubase open. All channel dialogues are also unusable.

This is indeed really disappointing, my support ticket regarding the mouse-wheel issue is still unanswered since 1 month :pensive:.

That would be fine, if the release versions were properly beta tested and fixed before release, but the situation we have since a few major versions is very unsatisfying to say it nicely. Iā€™m not a fan of yearly release cycles for the sake of it, this is a bad concept in video games and it is here as well. For example, if a bug was present in ā€¦ letā€™s say Cubase 10, 10.5 and 11, and shares the exact same code to be fixed - why not backport the fix? No, older versions simply get left behind. Let them pay for the upgrade if they want bugfixes. If only newer versions would actually fix long existing bugs. No, some bugs get carried through several years without a fix and you can decide between being left behind with an outdated and no longer supported version, or a new one that introduces a whole lot more issues. Really great business here, Steinberg.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Updates in Cubase have been disappointing since I have Cubase (version 9).

They add always new gimmicks and ā€œmarketableā€ things, but they never fix or improve what they already have. They even break it more often than not!!! And they do nothing to fix it.

And then you see Presonus, which has released two free updates to their Studio One 5 and each one of these is equivalent to the update from 10.5 to 11.

Yearly updates are bad because:

• They are focused on adding marketable things instead of improving their program.
  • They donā€™t update features unless itā€™s a paid update, so the DAW remains at least one year ā€œunchangedā€ for this reason.

Yearly updates in Dorico, on the other hand, have been great, because they have add relevant things to their program and they have also release .1 updates that improved or added features for free. Why Cubase team and Dorico team behave so differently?

3 Likes

drag and drop still not working in administrator mode

One of them would be:
Gui glitching during temp to change.

at the very end of the song I have tempo going slower and slower and at this point at cubase GUI and response is glitching (freezing every few seconds)