CUBASE 10.5.5 - External Instruments

Hi!

My OS is Mojave 10.14.6 and I just upgraded from cubase 10 to Cubase 10.5.5. I have two external synths. Integra-7 and Alesis QS4 Plus. They work without any issue under Cubase 10. I did all the routing properly a long time ago, and it’s been working great ever since. However, since I have upgraded to Cubase 10.5, no sound is coming out when I play. I see the audio and midi activity on the hardware units and I see the midi activity in Cubase but no audio whatsoever. VSTs and external mics work properly, it’s only the external instrument ones. I double checked all the routing and configuration and everything is fine. I re-opened that same project with Cubase 10 and, there, the sound is working again. Closed it and re-opened with Cubase 10.5 without changing anything, and back to no sound for the external instruments. Am I the only one encountering that issue?

Thanks in advance for the help!

The preferences are different or corrupt, would be my guess.

Thanks for jumping in! The preferences are exactly the same between Cubase 10 and Cubase 10.5.5.

Make sure 10.5 has permission to use the microphone in the Mac OS.

1 Like

Dude, you’re a genius! It was totally that. I closed Cubase, went to Security and Privacy and, sure enough, the Microphone Access was on for Cubase 10 but off for Cubase 10.5. I ticked it and started Cubase 10.5 again. Same project, now the sound works. Wow! Funny, I don’t even remember being asked access permission to the microphone when I launched Cubase 10.5 for the first time. And I always say yes for any music app. Anyway, thanks so much for your help! You saved me hours of pulling hair.

1 Like

Just if someone looks for Cubase 11 and external instruments issue with muted input: It applies there as well. :slightly_smiling_face: This thread only came up when I was creating a new post, did not find it in search.

@Steinberg_Archived: Maybe it would be a good idea to get some kind of a pop-up when we try to add inputs which require enabled security functions to guide us to the right direction.