Cubase 10.5 crashes constantly on a Dell Precision T5600

Hi,

I have a Dell Precision T5600 Workstation that I use for music making.

I’m thinking about buying Cubase Pro 10.5 (switching from my older Mac and Logic) but just by playing with the stock plugins I managed to crash the app many times (with simple operations like adding a new instrument, inserting the effect - sometimes it works OK sometimes it just crashes). I’m running a 30 day trial, with viennaKey USB licencer. Lucky for me I decided to try it out before purchase …

Also went and downloaded the demo projects from Steinberg site. I was able to open the classical one after second try, Jazz and Hip Hop demos always crash the Cubase on load so I cannot even open them.

This is concerning, and definitely makes the app unusable for me… but I’m guessing it must be some kind of issue with my machine?

My specs:
Win 10 (Fresh install)
Dell Precision T5600
Intel Xeon E5-2667 2.90 GHz
AMD FirePro V7900 (FireGL V)
32GB RAM
Kingston SSD 500GB
Fractal AxeFX III - audio interface

Are you able to give me any pointers on what to check and how to proceed with this and possibly sort things out? Tried to contact support as well but the email listed on the site for my country (Slovenia) is not active anymore, emails are rejected.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hope all of you are safe and health, take care.

Hi and welcome,

Could you please attach the *.dmp file(s)?
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hey Martin. There are no *.dmp files. Checked other posts and similar issues before posting this, also read about crash dumps but there is no folder with dumps in the Documents so nothing to attach :frowning:

Hi,

Have you installed Cubase as administrator? Could you try to reinstall Cubase?

Make sure you:

• Download the Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from the setup.exe.
  • Install as administrator.

Could you try to trash Cubase preferences?
%appData% Steinberg/Cubase 10.5_64 folder

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled as an administrator. It has improved slightly (also running the app as an admin). At times I able to open all three DEMO projects from Steinberg site. But app still crashes a lot of times, the hip hop project barely works, audio is skipping, app is freezing periodically…

I also trashed the Cubase preference folder, it is even worse now, like it was before the reinstall. Can barely open something :confused:

Hi,

The crash is in the eLCC. Please make sure you have the very latest eLCC installed. You can also try to start eLCC application and keep it running when using Cubase.