Cubase 10.5 - Exported video is ....color filtered ??

Hello,

After video export the .mp4 movie looks strange - as any video effect is plugged - the red color turns to blue, blue turns to yellow …a lot funny. It is the same - no mater which player I use after that - Windows media Player or VLC Media Player.

I switched from Win 7 to Win 10 - fresh copy. After that I installed Cubase Elements 10.5 - fresh copy.
The imported video is from my smartphone and the format is .mp4.

1. Before import in Cubase the colors looks normal.
  2. After import in Cubase and playing it - the view in Video player (F8) looks normal
  3. After the export … everything is filtered - red turn in blue, blue in yellow …???
  • The video card is Nvidia Quadro K2000. I even updated the driver - current version is from 24.02.2020 - the result is the same.
  1. With other old videos - the result is the same.

Thank you in advance !

After different tests made - the result is that this color-filtering effect after export comes only for movies made from one device (smartphone). Clips made from other devices don’t have such effect after export.
The file format is the same - mp4 but the effect is different - not clear why. For now partly the problem is solved.

Hi there! Bumping this, any solution, or idea how to troubleshoot?

I have the same issue, exporting video messes with the colors… on cubase 11

Working with ProRes video doesn’t seem to have that affect, it might be that some mp4 videos are using non standard color specs.
Regardless, ProRes is much more responsive when you scroll/scrub back and forth during editing, and playback is much smoother in general. Plus it consumes significantly less system resources then mp4 videos. With all that in mind, I see no reason why would I ever want to trouble myself this mp4 in my projects.

After swapping the red channel and the blue channel of the wrong-colored video, everything looks ok!

There’re two ways to fix the color problem:
(1) You can use Channel Mixer in Premiere or After Effects by setting 4 parameters as follow to resolve the problem:
red-red: 0
red-blue: 100
blue-red: 100
blue-blue:0

(2) Use the video editor “VideoMach”. There’s a filter named “Swap Red And Blue” in this software.

Hi there!
I’m experiencing the same problem. I use ShareX to capture my screen. When I import those mp4-files to Cubase (Version 12.0.50) the colors look normal (picture 1). Sometimes the video player in Cubase displays the file with unwanted distortion (picture 2). After exporting the video the colors change as mentioned above (picture 3).

@Martin.Jirsak is there a workaround or a plan to fix this issue?
greets!

I’ve never seen this. What codec is your video file?

Thanks for your fast reply!

VLC says: H.264 - MPEG-4 AVC.
Davinci Resolve says: H.264 Baseline L5.0.
MediaInfo says the Codec ID is: isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)

Is the chroma format 4:2:0?

Yes it is.

Hi,

This is known and already reported issue. Thank you!

okay! thanks for letting me know.

It’s not even related to a specific codec.
I also work with videos recorded by ShareX. About 90% of them is OK but 10% (not an accurate percentage) has a colour bug. I guess it must be related to captured colour palette but I have no idea really.

Any solution found to this 4 years old bug?