Cubase 10.5 External Effects and RME aio Card

exactly - the ASIO delay is irrelevant…you may even have an effect that adds another second of delay… All we want/need is the input/output chain to be in time…I use external AD/DA it’s not the ASIO drivers fault that it can’t report that.

Cubase/nuendo ping should just work…

1 Like

I totally agree.

1 Like

The delay caused by the external AD/DA is the figure measured by the ping function. If ASIO driver reports the right amount of buffersize, the total time measured by the function will be in time.

The delay of the ping will be ASIO out buffersize, D/A latency, A/D latency then ASIO in buffersize. Cubendo just subtract those I/O buffersize, then you get the A/D and D/A delay.

I just don’t understand why you keep saying that. :slight_smile:

The delay reported by the ping is less than the reported ASIO buffersize and Cubase cant seem to do that simple subtraction because it cant handle negative numbers (like other DAWs can). At least thats my understanding. In my case, I need to come up with -1.45ms (-64 samples at 44.1k).

I’m hoping this will illustrate my point a little better.

Also, this is always the same no matter what the buffer size is set to in my control panel. It only changes based on sample rate, and I imagine, the hardware device.