Cubase 10.5 Purchased - NO Download Link Provided?

I must be missing something here… but it’s been over 48 hours since I purchased a £171.00 upgrade from Cubase 9 to Cubase 10.5 - and STILL I wait, for a download link.

I’m aware of the fact that I can download 10.5 with the Steinberg Download Assistant - however I purchased an upgrade - and therefore do not require the full 22GB file. On top of that, I want my Cubase 9 to be physically replaced/updated to 10.5 during the installation. Downloading 10.5 from the Steinberg Download Assistant will separately create Cubase 10.5, leaving Cubase 9 unwanted on my system.

I’d understand having to do this if I was after an older version, but I’ll say it again, I really must be missing something, because I frown at paying £171.00, and still needing a “download assistant” for the latest version of Cubase :open_mouth:

I have registered my Cubase 10.5 in the MySteinberg tab under My Products, where it states: “Activation status:Product activated on 28/08/2020”. But sadly for almost three days now, there are no download buttons here. Prior to purchasing my upgrade, I had download buttons for Cubase 9 Mac/Windows in this very location. They’ve taken my money (no problems at all there), and replaced these Cubase 9 download buttons with… well… nothing.

This entire experience and lack of support will see me stretch this version of Cubase out for as long as possible. I won’t be upgrading again until I have to and hopefully that day never comes.

If you update from Cubase Pro 9, then yes - you need the full installer.

That´s how it is though.

Which exactly is the problem? that you have to download something, or that you must use a download assistant to do so instead of getting your personal link (which links to the download assistant anyway)… :confused:

• A download link can and usually is generated without a human being needing to work over the weekend. LOL.
  • A download link was provided to me for version 9.
  • Download Assistant provides upgrade installations (justifying their relevance) just not mine.

“That’s how it is though” is probably the best answer here because if that’s how it is, then that’s how it is. I was just convinced I was missing something because in my opinion, this is awful.

The link usually comes in the order confirmation mal, which you probably received, since you have the activation code.

See above

No link provided at all. Received confirmation email of purchase with activation code which I used to license Cubase 10.5 to my eLicenser. No download link.

There would be uproar if that was how it worked. Many users need to keep multiple versions installed, at the very least until projects have been completed, and until the new version is in daily use without issues. is it just the use of the words “upgrade” and “update” that you’re taking issue with? It’s always been this way with every version of Cubase and I really can’t understand why you would be making such a big deal about wanting a single link when you already know how to download your product.

You mean this mail , but without the link at the bottom?
Might be they have a special mail format for you, but I seriously doubt that…

… or even this:
BigRedDownloadButton.png