Cubase 10.5 changes exp. maps articulations on playback. [Fixed in C11/10.5.30]

I hope its not “too early to call” but in my first view tests, the articulations just switched wonderfull. Keep in mind, I only tried “attribute” so far.

Not going to pay for 11 until this is confirmed fixed.

If true, I expect this fix to be free with the maintenance update (if there is even going to be any?) not sold separately.

‘‘Hey, remember that bug we introduced in 10.5? Yeah, so we fixed it now. Awesome, right? But, uh, you gonna have to pay us 118$ for that. Yeah. Bye!’’

By the look of things, Steinberg is doing what it has done for ages:

1. Have us pay for a bug ridden update (focus on new features rather than fixing bugs)
  2. Refuse to even acknowledge most bugs, despite many reports
  3. Go to 1

I urge you all to create support requests when you encounter a bug. You can do this in your MySteinberg account (click on My Support). If the support is unable to provide you with a fix or an acceptable workaround (free of charge), you simply file another request. If enough people start to apply real pressure, they will probably reconsider some of their philosophies. This is our only alternative (short of switching DAW), since they clearly does not care enough about bugs filed here on this forum. And you certainly should not have to pay for an update that includes a fix.

After all, you have payed good money to use the software, and at the very least you should be able to expect hardware independent features to function correctly.

There seems to be a workaround (until fixed):

So they didn’t fix it still? Jeeeezus.
I am starting to regret my purchase decision with this company.

I’ve the same issue with Nuendo 10.3
I tried everything, even writing my exp maps from scratch. Now I finally know that it’s not up to me but it’s Nuendo’s fault. This happens to me with all Spitfire audio libraries I’ve used till now. BBCSO, SSS, HZS. I really hope Steinberg is able to fix this big bug.

Same here with Spitfire libraries. Once articulation has switched to default satus I need to stop and restart playback. Sometimes I need to stop and restart several times to get back in a right playback. The best solution for me is to use as many instruments as required articulation. Expression map are useless until Steinberg fixes this bug.

Did you try the workaround?
viewtopic.php?p=1066954#p1066954

Sure, but with no results. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.
Errata Corrige! I was wrong. I’ve added an empty slot at the top to my Exp maps and it seams to work at the moment. I didn’t try deeply but good for now. This really saves me to bang my head on the keyboard!!

The work around doesn’t work. Either does Steinberg’s ethical compass. Examples of a good business ethic are as follows:
Transparency
Integrity
Trustworthiness
Loyalty
Equality
Compassion
Respect
Lawfulness

I think they are walking a fine line in regards to the last one.

I was wondering, if someone of you guys has experienced this same bug: Cubase 10.5.20 random note offs (!?) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums ? Because I have this expression maps trouble as well and I thought maybe it could be related…
To me it’s even worse than the expression maps thing. I can work around expression maps, but I certainly can’t work around notes stopping at places where they shouldn’t. No problem whatsoever on 10.0, waiting for the 11 trial version to see if this issue has magically disappeared.

Same thing here.
I do think both issues might be related somehow, as these started happening with 10.5.
With 10.0, never had any of these problems.

Yep afraid to say I did exactly what I said I would which is to learn a new DAW.

I paid for 10.5 and never got to use it. Absolute rip off.

I have not tested this, but apparently there is a work around here: Cubase 10.5 Playback issues with expression maps | VI-CONTROL

Hi,

If you don’t want to scroll and search for the mentioned solution in the other forum, it’s actually in this post.

Um, Is this going to get fixed, or was that empty slot thing that doesn’t work here
‘The Fix’???
1 and a half years and counting. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, etc. etc, etc, etc.

This thread has 176 replies, 9,800 views. Please get to work Steinberg and fix this!.

1 Like

The ‘Ignore it, and it will go away’ approach. Brilliant work Steinberg!.

Bumping it up and going to keep bumping it up until it is fixed.

Just signed in to say this bug is making the programme nearly unusable for me, and have spent some serious time considering alternative DAWs for the first time in a LONG time. It’s inexcusable how casual SB are about bug-fixes generally, but this one is a show stopper for nearly anyone working with VST libraries (i.e. most of us)

1 Like