Cubase 10.5 Resetting Volume On MIDI Tracks.

Hello my friends:

I have a Yamaha Montage 8 configured in Cubase 10.5. I am also using the Patch file which allows me to select and change instruments in the Montage directly from the MIDI Track in Cubase.

All is working except the Volume keeps getting loud each time I change an instrument (voice/patch).

I know why this is happening but not certain where to stop this.

In the Montage there is a (Program Change) setting under Utility → Advance.
If I turn this off the issue goes away. however, changing or controlling the Montage will not work, rightfully so because no controller message is received.

Something is resetting/sending the CC7 Controller messaging from Cubase each time I change instruments but I am not sure where this setting is.

One important note is, if I click on the Volume Control on the MIDI track, the volume goes to normal but it gets loud as soon as I change the instrument, which as I stated, is resetting the CC7 Message to some default level.

I appreciate any help you can give!

Hi,

To me it sounds like Cubase sends MIDI Reset information for some reason. I can’t see a reason to do so.

Try to double check Preferences > MIDI > Reset on Stop. Is this disabled? What about Chase Events on the same page? By default all (but SysEx) are enabled. What happens, if you disable Controller in this area?

Thank you for the response.
I have toggle all of those settings and the problem persists.

I have about 10 Hardware Synths and they all exhibit the same behavior which led me to conclude and as you have pointed out, this is something coming out of Cubase and not isolated to the Montage.

Looks like I’ll have to live with it. :angry:

Hi,

I have just tried here on my system. It doesn’t send any Reset data here.

Maybe the patch-file is the culprit? Does manually switching banks also reset volume?

Just an idea

Try inserting a CC7 at the very beginning of the MIDI track. Set it to the volume you want.

Hi,

I was also thinking to double check the patch file, how is it set up?

Maybe you can share one…?