Cubase 10.5- Volume issue when selecting a VSTi track

I’m having an issue when selecting certain VSTi tracks during or before playback. Whenever I select certain tracks (so far Kontact and Trilian plug-ins). The volume on that track will playback at normal volume for about 2 seconds and then drop about 15dbs for no reason. There is no automation on these tracks and if the track isn’t selected during playback the volume will stay consistent. Occasionally the volume will jump be to the original level for half a second or so during playback (whether or not the track is selected) if I make a save after this the volume seems to be stuck at this lower level, but if I close without saving it will remain as it was.

Has anyone had this issue or similar. Or does anyone have an idea what could cause this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

To me it sounds like your MIDI Controller/Keyboard is sending MIDI CC7 or MIDI CC11 accidentally. Once the track becomes selected, it becomes also record enabled and it receives MIDI from the input device(s). Please try to set the Input to Not Connected and double-check if the issue still happens.

Thanks mate, you may be right. I just unplugged my MIDI controller and it didn’t do it. I’ll do a few more tests and report back.

1 Like