Cubase 10 and HalionOne

I’ve seen some posts about this from a couple years ago but couldn’t find anything very current. I use Cubase Pro 10 but have used many earlier versions. I’m trying to rework some older projects that used sounds from the HalionOne synth which are apparently no longer available using the Halion SE synth that installed with CP10.

Is there either a way to install HalionOne for Cubase 10 in a modern Mac OS, or can I purchase the sound banks somewhere in a pro version to make sure I don’t run into this in the future?

UPDATE: I just upgraded to Cubase Pro 10.5 so…same question but using the latest platform.

Thanks,
Jason

jmundok wrote:

I’m trying to rework some older projects that used sounds from the HalionOne synth which are apparently no longer available using the Halion SE synth that installed with CP10

Actually, every sound that was available for HALionOne resides in the HALion SE library. The HALionOne libraries that were available were : Expression Set, GM Content, GM Drum Content, Pro Set, Studio Set, SR OneSoundz Silver and Yamaha S90ES. Every single sound in them are in the SE All library selection. And they have matching macro control setups.

The problem is you most likely can’t remember the H1 preset title names that were used in your old Projects, making it impossible to figure out what you need to search for in the HSSE library. Your only recourse (that I can think of) is to open the original cpr files in an older version of Cubase (6 or earlier and probably 32 bit) on an OS that supported it (if you have it) and make a list of the presets.
I’ve gotten caught with this, just like you. Fortunately, I have an old iMac running 10.6.8 and Cubase 6.5 on it. I’ve launched the Projects, written down the Preset names and found every one of them in HSSE on my tower running C10.5. PITA, I know, but that’s what worked.

Thanks Weasel! Yeah, that’s great to know that all of the sounds are in there. I was just getting errors saying that Cubase couldn’t locate the sounds and thought the worst.

I have Cubase 8 still installed and could likely open the files with that to get the presets. And I have a couple old machines that I still use to translate files from 20 years ago into a the modern version using Cubase 3 LOL. And I still have a Cubase 5 floating around somewhere. Phew! I had a fairly limited palette of sounds so I could probably figure out a dozen or so and do a decent job relinking them.

Thanks so much for your reply. I now have hope!

You could try jBridge. It loads Halion one into Cubase.

Ulesto wrote:

You could try jBridge. It loads Halion one into Cubase.

Yes, HALionOne will indeed load under jBridge. It will also load under 32 Lives. Unfortunately, in this state, the “wrapped” versions, generated by JBridge & 32 Lives can’t read any of the presets generated for the original 32bit version. The MediaBay can still see (and refresh) the location of the “wrapped” H1’s preset folders, but won’t produce a loadable list of the presets … pretty much rendering it useless.

Interestingly, when I open an Cubase 8 project in 10.5 I get the errors that the instruments can’t be found (panic!) but when clicking on the specific track, the name of the preset is still there, but with !!!HalionOne!!! listed which is apparently an error. Not sure if this is new in 10.5, but it’s nice to not have to open the project in an older version just to log the preset names.
2020-02-04_21-43-52.png

jmundok wrote:

Interestingly, when I open an Cubase 8 project in 10.5 I get the errors that the instruments can’t be found (panic!) but when clicking on the specific track, the name of the preset is still there, but with !!!HalionOne!!! listed which is apparently an error.

Ha! I’ve come across that myself. Yep. Write down the name, search for it in the HSSE lib and you’re golden.

Can anyone help me? I would like to use HalionOne on Cubase 10.5.
I have an old Cubase 5 and HalionOne already installed on the same computer.
If I understand correctly, HalionOne is 32-bit and Cubase 10.5 supports only 64-bit plugins, so I should try to ‘convert’ it to 64-bit with jbridger you mentioned. I installed jbridger but don’t know how to use it. I’m trying to do this for about 2 hours already and no luck :frowning:

HALionOne was also available as a 64-bit version. For me it works with Cubase 11 pro.

Where to download HalionOne? Can you help

You can find the last Upate here:
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/VSTi_HALionOne/PC/1.1.0.0/