Cubase 10 and Melodyne ARA, how to make it work ?

When 10 was released Steinberg said it would be out in Q1 2019. Assuming it won’t be late, and based on .20 updates to previous versions of Cubase, I think it stands to reason that they’re targeting a March release of ARA in 10.0.20. Doesn’t mean something can’t come up and delay things, but that’s why I think March is the target date.

Frankfurter Musikmesse starts 2nd of April, so expect it shortly before that.

Alright guys thank you so much for the information. I wrote to Celemony support about ARA for Cubase and here´s what they answered:

“This is something only Steinberg could answer, since they need to implement the ARA technology into Cubase 10. We cannot do this on our end.”

So, I guess we´ll have to wait a couple more months for this.

I´ve been waiting years to be able to double click into Melodyne from Cubase’s sequencer, so I guess a few more weeks won´t hurt.

I would LOVE that tempo detection was better integrated too. Specially with the things that DNA brings to the table in this regard. Cubase won´t detect tempo as accurately without a function similar to DNA. I´ve spent hours tapping tempo maps via MIDI notes. Yuck.

As always, those who talk don’t know, and those who know can’t talk …

Probably will be available in 10.5, that way steinberg can charge us for half version update

They announce it as a v10 feature, so…

yea they like to advertise loudly
but than in small print: “in the future… in the future…”

As I recall, Steinberg explicitly said it would be a patch to 10.0.

It will show up in the C10 lifecycle then require another 1.5 years to get it close to stable then taken out of CUbase and added back in version 12.5 as a new out of this world feature

Does anybody in Namm could take a look at Steinberg to know some news?

Sadly that’s how steinberg operates usually

ARA has been included since 10.30 but I can’t seem to get it to work

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Melodyne which is 4.2.2
  2. Select your audio EVENT with the Object Selection Tool, number 1 on the keypad above your letters
    A) Top menu, Audio\Extensions\Melodyne.
    B) OR open the INFO Line( Command+I) and click in the EXT box and select Melodyne.
    C) OR CTRL + Right click on the EVENT and select Extensions\Melodyne

Dats it, your ARA Melodyne will show up in the Lower Zone for editing

@SHANABIT,
I can’t find “extensions” in my audio menu. I’m working with windows. I would like to see my revoice pro 4.1(latest version) extensions. I assumed that it is working the same way as Melodyne. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 9.05.37 PM.png
Latest version of ReVoicePro is

I dont use ReVoicePro here. Is it ARA2 ready??

VocAlign shows an ARA plugin but I dont see it for ReVoice yet on the downloads page

Also under ReVoice:
Revoice Pro Plug-ins

Audio Suite Link, Quick APT and Quick Doubler plug-ins for Pro Tools 10 and below.
AAX Audio SuiteLink, Quick APT and Quick Doubler plug-ins for Pro Tools 11 and up:
VST3 for Cubase, Nuendo, Studio One, and others
AU for Logic Pro and other DAWs using AU plug-ins.
VST3/ARA2 for Studio One

No mention of Cubase here for ARA2

Well, there’s this…

Thats great! Now if you are a ReVoice user maybe you can assist as Im not on a PC here?.
I didnt come across that on their site when looking.

I think the OP needs to start a new thread since this is Melodyne and ARA here

Sorry; not a ReVoice pro user here - I literally responded to that bit in your post, as I remembered receiving a marketing email from SynchroArts announcing RVP with ARA2 now fully supported…

Agreed the person with this RVP issue should start a new thread.

Now that ARA is here, I have problems getting it working, I did not see this thread until I raised the thread copied below …

The problem is that I don’t see it from my drop-down menu…