Cubase 10 doesn't show last project save in start up if it was crashed or process kill via task manager

Cubase 10 doesn’t show last project save in start up if it was crashed or process kill via task manager

I see that Cubase save recent project and show it in startup only when you normally close cubase. If Cubase was crashed or killed by task manager it shows not the last project save. Steinberg, why dont you save list when user save the project, only when it closed Cubase?

Hi,

Yes, I wouldn’t expect it. Cubase writes all preferences/settings data at the moment, when Cubase quits (properly).

Why do you force Cubase to quit? When does your Cubase crash?

I also often have this problem when killing via task manager, the thing is, it takes like 10min for Cubase to close a complex project (unloading instruments i guess) and 1sec to just kill it.

It would be really helpful to save the last recent project when opening instead of closing.

Why do you force Cubase to quit? When does your Cubase crash?

sometimes it crashing :frowning:

It would be really helpful to save the last recent project when opening instead of closing.
+1

Very old story, Cubase have working like that till…. I don’t remember Cubase SX… Cubase VST32… perhaps Pro-24…lol :
Cubase save all you work when “exit”, sad but here till long long years…….

It is obvious this is an ongoing issue. I still have it with a new computer system. I’m not able to identify a third party VST plug in but it must be cause for me at such that I force by the task manager to shut. I just wonder why cubase can’t do the job to cut all VST plug in processes from the Cubase before closing. It must be simple in my understanding of programming.