cubase 10 is deleting the first bar of my recorded track

I’ve just started using cubase 10 and I’m having a very strange problem. For no reason I can see, cubase is deleting the first 1 bar of my recorded track.
Ive been working fine so far, tracks are recorded ok and play back as I recorded them, but its just started doing this on any new track I record ! Its driving me nuts, can anyone please help me out ?

can anyone help me ? Im at the point now where I cant record anymore. Bizarrely, sometimes it just seems to flip back to normal, then the next thing I know, its doing it again. Are there any buttons that control this ? maybe Im hitting something by accident, but its basically rendered my whole recording process completely useless.

Maybe punch-in/out settings?

Your description of what is occurring is fairly vague, it is difficult for folks to offer advice without specifics.

Can you see that first bar’s audio being created while recording and then when you stop is disappears. Or is it not recorded in the first place. Can you find the recording in the Pool & see if it includes the first bar.

Check you count in setting - maybe you are playing during the count in when it doesn’t record…

I have a 2 bar count in, I record say 4 bars, in record mode it cycles over the recorded 4 bars fine, just as I played them. When I stop record mode and just play the track, the first bar is always deleted

Just tried something else, I hold down a note for 4 bars and record it, this plays just fine when in record mode, when I switch to playback the entire 4 bars are deleted. So it seems to always be the first note played regardless of its duration

Does the problem occur when you turn looping off? Set a 4 bar loop and play through it letting the cursor continue moving past bar 4 then hit stop. Also, I experienced a similar problem on the first note I played being cut off so I simply shortened by my pre-count to 1 bar and allow Cubase to play through bar 1 as the bar of my pre-count. Of course you just move the left locator 1 bar over when you’re done recording and all is well unless you want a bit of space at the top of your track which is helpful as well.

Are you trying to record audio or midi?

Can you possibly post a screen capture video or gif so we can see what is actually occurring.

when I switch off automatic midi record quantize it works OK, but when its switched on, I loose the first midi event. So it must be how this is setup but i cant see an option to change the quantize functions, do I have to activate something ?

I give up, just added a new track and now its deleting the first midi even with auto quantize switched off !!! ahhhh !!!
how do i upload a video here ?

recorded a short screen video capture, zipped it up, but its too large to upload (it was literally around 10 seconds long)
I’m now left in a position where I can no longer record anything, anyone got any ideas at all ?

Ive attached a screenshot, in the editor window you can see that the first midi even has been deleted when recording stops

That looks like each note is recorded to early therefore first note is outside the recorded area and deleted.
Hippo

This seems to (still?) be an issue with SC10? Configure your project to have a 0 starting bar. So you’ll have one 0 bar before it says 1 where you would want to start? This solved the issue for me?

i have a 2 bar count in and it seems to work ok while recording. How do I stop this happening ?

can anyone help me out ? I literally cannot record anymore, I now have a very expensive piece of useless software, its main purpose is to record whatever I play and its not doing that. I HAVE A 2 BAR COUNT IN, AS SOON AS THE 2 BARS ARE UP IT SHOULD RECORD, THEN WHEN I STOP IT SHOULD KEEP WHAT I PLAYED, AS I PLAYED IT, ITS NOT DOING THAT, IM UTTERLY STUMPED AND MY ONLY OPTION IS TO UNINSTALL IT AND START AGAIN. WHAT IF IT THEN HAPPENS ALL OVER AGAIN ? I CAN SEE NO WAY TO STOP THIS, PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ? IVE EVEN ASKED FOR OFFICIAL STEINBERG SUPPORT, BUT GOT NO REPLY !

Is the behaviour the same if you record at another point in the project or only at bar 1?

If it’s only at bar 1 then you were already given the perfect solution.

It is quite obvious when you look at your screen capture. Hippo gave you what seems to be the cause of your “problem”. Did you read it?
Solution: if you still want to play the notes before the bar, shift your song 1 bar to the right and begin to play at the 2nd bar, but start your recording at first bar.

How can I set 0 as my starting bar ? the left locator doesn’t allow anything lower than 1. Ive set the count in to 2 bars, so when I hit record, I get my 2 bars then I play some notes, these should be recorded, then I stop. If I then play this back, it should have captured everything, thats logically how I would expect this to work, I can see no way to set anything to zero bars. Ive attached a screen shot of the metronome setup, am I missing anything ?