Cubase 10 poof crash

Cubase 10.0.15 crashed on Serum tonight for me. Serum, of all things. Once when opening the UI, as I remember, and definitely once when loading a patch in Serum. So…twice. On Serum, which is one of the most widely used synths out there. I’ve never, ever had a problem with any version of Serum before, and definitey not in Cubase.
Cubase 10.0.15.136 64bit 2019.2.22 16.14.dmp (1.54 MB)
Cubase 10.0.15.136 64bit 2019.2.22 16.01.dmp (921 KB)

1. I really think the Prefs are getting hosed up since they are so diff than 9.5 and its causing issues. Once I trashed my prefs here everything has been fine.

2. I dont have one plugin showing in the Blacklist

Hi,

I have seen several Serum crashes here on the forum already. Make sure you have the latest update and inform the vendor, please.

Guys

Something happened on the latest Windows 10 .Net environment update from the past week.
For me it started with Focusrite Midnight Compressor sitting on a group bus insert, then it spread.
Cubase 9.5.50 and 10.0.15 both crashed for some reason whenever a Softube, Zynaptiq,Waldorf effect plugins are loaded into an insert bus.
And the very same plugins were working perfectly fine for years.

As of now, the solution appears to be running Cubase on Windows 8 compatibility mode.
So the fault is not at Serum nor does it on any other 3rd party plugin vendor.

It appears every time Cubase crashed, people blame this plugin and that plugin.
I think it’s about time Steinberg, after 20 years in the market
manufacture a DAW that doesn’t completely crash over plugin, or memory, or compatibility issues.
I think users deserve a DAW that can handle exceptions and arrays misreading or writing or god knows what.

I’ve been purchasing upgrades since Cubase 7 pro
all the way up to Cubase 10 pro, which also crashes, entire projects crash when load, 2019,
and you still rely on users to send you dump files as if they were QA engineers.
I can’t recall any year of the past 15 years i used Cubase, that it was rock solid.

Enough is enough, we’ve been a good sport, Steinberg, for years now.
You know what the biggest feature all users would love to get on Cubase 11?
Stability.