Cubase 10 Pro, all menus are empty

Hi!

I’m writing on behalf my friend. He is little older guy and is not capable of writing in english. He is a studio-owner and normally runs
Cubase on desktop computer.
He downloaded the full installer and installed Cubase 10 pro to his laptop and everything seemed gone well. After starting all the menus are completely empty. Menus are working, but it’s naturally difficult to operate when not seeing what you’re clicking.
I suppose that this has something to do with laptops graphic card. Has anyone had similar problems?
I tried to start Cubase wirh “run as administrator” and also tried start Cubase in safe menu but results were same. All the menus are completely empty.

Artsi

Ugh… yo no hablo español :confused:

That said, aside from some of the more obvious things in your screenshot; I haven’t a clue what that other stuff says. But can you affirm the laptop meets the minimal requirements for installing Cubase 10. See below:

WINDOWS: 64-Bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10

64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 or faster recommended)
4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
18 GB free HD space
1366 x 768 display resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended)
Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 1.1 support (Windows only)

Unfortunately, booting to safe mode isn’t going to resolve or diagnose the issue if its related to your graphics card since minimal base level drivers are loaded in that mode. But that was a good place to start in troubleshooting the problem.

I’ve never seen the issue before with Cubase but I’ve seen experienced similar issues when attempting to run software that would require higher or lower graphics than my system would be setup for. So check the current screen resolution to see if it meets the requirements per Steinberg and then try raising the resolution of the display to its highest level and see if anything improves.

I would however suspect as you’ve stated that it is likely related to the graphics card.

Another tip… if you could post a screenshot of the issue instead of the system specs, you may get better feedback.

Thanks MaestroMetro7!

I don’t know the srcreen resolution of my friends laptop. He need Cubase only one short mobile project. Displayproblem was solved by downloading and installing Cubase 9.5. It worked fine.

Artsi

Cool, glad you solved the problem :wink:

I’ve reported this issue as well, calling these “white menus” or “white screens.” Let’s hope a patch is released for this soon.