Cubase 10 Shutdown when Resizing Window

Hi all,

I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but I have recently started having this problem with Cubase 10 whenever I resize the workspace window. I have attached a screen capture to show you what I mean.

Maybe it has something to do with my graphics card, which is a Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, but I can’t be sure.

I have changed the graphics settings of my card but still no luck in fixing the problem.

Would appreciate some help in this issue.

Thanks!

Hi,

Does Cubase write a *.dmp file? If yes, could you ZIP it and attach it, please?

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

I did downgrade my driver to this:

win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.8.1-aug4

had the exact same problems, now fixed. it is a problem with some plugins windows, main windows and the mixer window

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

Here it isCubase 10.0.60.396 64bit 2021.1.22 14.07.08.336.zip (202.8 KB)

Regards,
Jinx

HI Glenn,

OK I will look into rolling back the driver.

Thanks!

I am having the same problem with Cubase 11 Pro, latest version and AMD Radeon 5700XT with latest drivers. If I maximise the arrange window it is fine, but if I try resizing the window, everything stops then Cubase vanishes without warning. So I just set everything up at the size I want and save as a template so I don’t have to resize again, but there’s obviously a problem…

Excellent tip, thanks. I installed older driver you mentioned and problem seems to have gone. Ed

Hi,

This is another ATI driver issue:

STACK_TEXT:  
atidxx64+0x9e80e9
0x6609dc0
0x40
0x149600
0x5fad2b0

I think, it’s a good idea to downgrade the driver.

Thank you for getting to the bottom of it Martin!

Problem though. Yes, the older drivers make Cubase OK again. But, they cause problems for me with my (legitimate) Photoshop plugins which need more up to date ones. Will see if there is a driver inbetween that works with both Cubase and my other software.

Ok, I tried this driver from November 2020 and in quick test it seems to work with Cubase and Photoshop.

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Recommended (WHQL)
File Size
443 MB
Release Date
11/18/2020