Cubase 10 Unusable because of crashing

After not being able to use Cubase 10 because of constant crashing I updated to 10.0.10 and crossed my fingers that the problem would be fixed but no chance. I loaded a single audio file with no effects and after editing about 6 notes it crashed again. It keeps kicking the sound card out (UR44), It’s so unstable it is unusable so it’s back to 9.5 which is as solid as a rock.

Windows 10
Intel 3.4 Ghz quad core
32gb RAM
2Tb SSD
UR44

Hi,

Could you attach a crash dump file located in Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder, please?

Your setup shares some similar characteristics to mine (CPU speed, memory, OS, sound card). My system is rock solid in C10 and I am in fact getting much improved performance overall.

What do you mean when you say it is “kicking the sound card”?

The sound card not being accessible, could point to that the driver was not released after the crash. (not uncommon)
I would check that all the drivers are up to date, and post a Crash dump.
It could be a plugin that is misbehaving.

I also went back to 9 due to much crashing. Particularly when using sampler track.

I have attached 3 Crash Files working on Win 10, rme Fireface 800, Cubase 10.0.10. I visited my cubase 9.5 template and just saved a couple of track presets for the media bay. I am not even “working” in cubase 10 and it crashed so there is no point for me to start working in this version. Back to 9.5. Maybe somebody can help understanding this crash files …

Cheers, lokotus

OH and I did update all iloks, elicenser, plugin version, tried disabled preferences Cubase save mode etc. etc… Thanks…

This is the error I get from Cubase 10 Redirect Notice
Can’t find a reproducible pattern. Sometimes it doesn’t even create any crash file…
Cubase10CrashFiles.zip (1.81 MB)

Hi,

All crashes end ups with these 3 lines:

ntdll!RtlpWaitOnCriticalSection+0x1de
ntdll!RtlpEnterCriticalSectionContended+0xd9
ntdll!RtlEnterCriticalSection+0x40

It seems to be something in Windows.

Thanks for the feedback. You mean nothing really related to the new Cubase Update, just some corrupt windows OS files ?
Cheers, lokotus

Run sfc /scannow from an administrator command prompt.

When completed, restart the computer (even if it says you don’t need to).

Start Cubase 10. Any improvement?

thanks for the tip, I will check it out …

Thanks so much. Testing today - this seems to have improved stability a lot for Cub10, although cmd didn’t say it repaired anything strangely …

That’s great. Updates to Windows, Cubase or any program can affect the system files, so it’s always worth checking that with sfc. As for your system telling you that it hasn’t repaired anything, I’d take that with a pinch of salt.

Regards,

Try to set the colour scheme to standard grey - that worked for me.