cubase 10 update elicenser error message

I reactivated cubase 9.5 and I saw that I get a discount for the 10 update.
Bought it and installed it.
Went to put the activation code in elicenser but message pops up saying “Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license”
Will i be able to update the program at all?

Which version do you have and which update did you buy?
And what does the elicenser sayx, which version´s license you actually have?

I have the same problem - despite support tickets raised 4 days ago twice, with attachements, no response. Apalling service. Followed the upgrade path as specified from Elements 8 which is my current license - but keep being told this license does not exist. No response despite support tickets raised. Never had this problem for Elements 8. Will they sort it out ever??

I have cubase le ai elements 9.5 and i downloaded the “Cubase AI 10 Update from Cubase AI 4/5/6/7/8/9/9.5” which popped up on My Steinberg on the vouchers section. I used said voucher to purchase it.
Got my email confirmation with the activation code so i downloaded it.
I opened the setup and it went on as normal. After everything downloaded and the setup screen said finished I couldnt see any other signs that cubase had been updated.
All files from cubase were for 9.5 and appart from the setup for the update there was nothing for cubase 10
So i figured maybe its something to do with the license, as i got an activation code for it.
When i went to activate it, the elicenser control centre recognised it as the update to cubase 10 but after clicking continue the screen says at the bottom
“Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect a USB-elicenser which holds an appropriate upgradable license to your computer”
However the only other license i have is indeed the full version of cubase 9.5
I’m not sure if I have made a mistake with the update or with the licensing stuff but I wouldn’t be surpriseed if i messed up somewhere
just hope i can get some help.
Thanks for helping btw.

What licence for Cubase shows in eLicenser Control Center now? Cubase AI is a different product to Cubase Elements. It sounds as if you have bought the wrong upgrade, which is why it will not apply.

Had exactly the same probleme. I baught the wrong update (from Cubase LE iso Element). I asked for refund and that was done, then I baught the right update, activation ok on the USB.eLicencer but registring process failed.

Yep youre right. License i already have is for elements. rip