so I did some tests with my recent project (started in Cubase 9.5).
I could not observe any difference b/w C9.5 and C10 for this project, wrt dropouts/overload.
Overloads at same time in both versions (skips Audio and or automation in that case)
- i7900x, 10 core HT, GTX970, Win10 1809, SSD, Cubase10, RME babyface, all latest drivers/versions
- Project is loaded, will only run hassle free with AsioGuard High and 1024 samples buffer
- will not work with AG low/mid
- Several instances of Omnisphere2, Avenger, Geist, Effects on every track, some grouping, lots of sidechaining (to trackspacer, pro-c2)
- Load meter is 100% for average, ~0% for realtime, disk spikes
- Project plays (fine) without crackles (very few sometimes) in that state. If further things are added, it will show audio dropouts in both Cubase versions