Cubase 11.0.10 doesn't see NI S88 Mk2

Hey there…
Cubase isn’t seeing my S88 Mk2 in the device list. My board works as far as handling Komplete Kontrol and playing but the transport buttons and Mixer function do not work.

Basically, I should be able to choose the board from this list and assign the MIDI to the S88 DAW. Of course, if it isn’t listed :slight_smile:

Anyone have any ideas? BTW, this functionality works just fine in Logic and Studio One on this same machine. So it’s definitely not a NI issue.

Computer is M1 Mac mini running Big Sur and Cubase 11.0.10.

Tom

Here is an image I found on the internet that shows what it should look like…

Tom

Here is a pic showing that the S88 is setup correctly in OS X Audio Midi settings.

Tom

Unless someone here has the same gear as you, this is a question for the Native Instruments forum.

Yeah I’ve asked this in multiple places. Make no mistake, it’s 100% a Cubase issue.
But I understand the dynamics of getting an answer to a question like this.

Tom

Hi Tom
Did you ever resolve the S88 isue? Although I use a PC (now with Cubase12) the connection has always been unstable - and for the past few weeks non-existant! Like you the DAW option does not appear making the transport controls on the S88 useless. I have been making a nuisance of myself with NI Support, who have tried unsuccessfully to help. I really am at my wits end. and wonder how professional composers manage at such times when the gear is so unstable.
Cheers & Good luck
Keith

Check that the integration files are located in:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components

File you need will be “KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series.dll”.

If it’s not in there then just reinstall the Komplete Kontrol S driver, and it should show up in Cubase.

Hi Skijumptoes

Thank you very much for your response. You certainly got my hopes up.

Regretfully, the Komplete Kontrol S series.dll was already in the Shared Component, so It looks like another dead end. - I have reinstalled Komplete Kontrol & the Bome Midi driver several times.
Strangely, I did have success earlier today and the DAW appeared in the Studio SetUp, and the transport controls worked as they should. (I was fiddling around trying different USB sockets at the time) but, after we’d gone for a walk for an hour and I switched the gear on again, it had gone and I was back to where I was. I have not been able to replicate my moment of pure joy since!

It seems to my untrained eye, that the S88 is not sending out the right signal at switch on (although it does a ‘bing bom’) or the USB cable is faulty (already tried another).

From what I’ve read, I am not alone but I haven’t found anyone yet who has definitely found the answer.

Thanks again
Keith

Same sort of problem Win 11, NI s88 mk II, Nuendo 12 0 60, no transport controls, board ccs. Notes play and are recordable using Nuendo screen controls.
2 days searching for/trying solutions, reading manuals etc., but only result is ulcer getting bigger.
Help would be gratefully received!