Cubase 11.0.10 freezing and general instability

Hello everyone,

With Cubase Pro 10 and 10.5, I haven’t had any problems with instability.
Now with Cubase Pro 11.0.10 I have an unstable installation that freezes in a totally random and unpredictable way practically to any action even basic as close a project, open the MediaBay and select an audio file, make an import from a project, etc…

I opened a ticket to Steinberg support two months ago and got no response.

Steve suggested me to try to post in this forum the related information to see if someone can give me some indication or suggestion to understand the causes of this instability.

My workstation is a

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 09.49.12

I can add that I noticed that the instability appeared after purchasing two Loops & Samples files: Soulful Pop Vocals and Funky Guitar 01.
In the installation they were placed in an inappropriate location and then using the Steinberg Library Assistant I repositioned them correctly. After this operation I already noticed a strange thing, the Funky Guitar 01 no longer appeared among the files on the right Panel “Loops & Samples” and when I try to select a file from this right panel or from MediaBay often Cubase would freeze.

I collected some crash dumps but I haven’t any documentation to know what to looking for to identify the root cause.

Cubase 11_2021-01-12-104201_Giuseppes-iMac.crash (145.6 KB)
Cubase 11_2021-01-13-154519_Giuseppes-iMac.crash (142.1 KB)
Cubase 11_2021-01-13-221159_Giuseppes-iMac.crash (170.9 KB)

Can anyone give me a suggestion or point me to where the problem might be?

After a few tries if I don’t come up with it will try to do a reinstall from scratch to see if these instability issues go away.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Have a nice day.
Giuseppe

Hello everyone,

finally Steinberg support answer me and with their suggestions it seems that the problem was in Groove Agent SE 5.0.20 not updated to 5.0.40 plus something corrupted in my Preference Folder.

With the update of Groove Agent SE and generating a new Preference Folder to factory default seems that my Cubase Pro 11 application started to run properly and stably again.

Well, what can I say, 2 months to solve a problem for which 5 minutes with the right directions were enough.

Giuseppe

Hi,

I totally agree with Steinberg Support. The crash was in Groove Agent SE 5.0.20, so I would also strongly recommend to update it. :wink: