Cubase 11.0.10 Maintenance Update

Try launching with your current prefs disabled and see if it shows up. If it does, you may need to delete your prefs and recreate them again as they may have become corrupted.

@SteveBee

user error probs :slight_smile:

No fix for the HiDPI 125% scalling issues bug in this release, right?

Reading through the forum and spotting a fair amount of issues and long lasting bugs. At the same time, the first comment above the release notes for this maintenance update is:

“We are very pleased with all of the positive feedback regarding the stability and the performance of the initial release.”

And a sticky post in the Cubase forum is labeled “How to report a “BUG” in Cubase”, putting the word bug in air quotes. There is two ways to interpret this, either these quotes suggest that a bug is merely a common word for issues with many kinds of sources, however, a less favourable way to read this implies that people are not qualified to know what is a bug and what is not. And that the reported “bugs” are user error or otherwise to be discussed away and neglected.

Then, I’d like to suggest the following: Read through the release notes and version history for Cubase, let’s say version 9 and up. And while you read through the issues that have been fixed, ask yourself the following questions:

• Should these issues have made it into a major release of a “professional” tool?
  • Were these new features, like offline processing for example ready to be rolled out?
  • Is it acceptable to buy a broken software and wait half a year for most issues to be fixed, each and every time?
  • How many issues have made it through multiple major versions and maintenance updates, which annoying quirks are present for so long that you have even adapted to them?

And from a personal experience, I have never before reported an issue with a software and had to argue afterwards if it is an actual issue or merely a “unwanted behaviour” or “feature request” as the admin implied.

The broader picture I get from all these indicators is a really problematic mentality from Steinberg, regarding software quality, release policy, bug tolerance and even downright arrogance. Releasing “good enough, but in time to cash in yearly”, fix things later.

Just wanted to point that out, and suggest the following things to the Cubase team:

• strict double-verification principle for programming
  • either stop pushing out new major features and completely check the code base or hire an external team for a code audit to find bugs
  • maybe throw fuzzing tools at the code to find issues
  • never again release a major version of Cubase without a sufficient public beta phase and resulting fixes beforehand
  • make it a core principle that all the features that are there have to work as intended and expected, as professional people this DAW is marketed towards rely on this tool to earn their income
  • dig through old issues from outdated Cubase versions and check if they are still present, if so, finally fix em.
20 Likes

Hi Geppastro,
I think this issue has been fixed with the C 11.010. (please read update !!)
But I could be wrong since @Matthias_Quellmann says it did not make it into this update.
Al l I can say is that if we are talking about the same issue I have it working on my system.
I posted how i got it to work here.

update:
I was talking about using a Eucon controller and did not realize that most people are talking about using the mouse.
So when using a mouse to DoubleClick on stop this still does not work.
If you were using a Eucon controller then it should be working now.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@Matthias_Quellmann
Hi looked detailed on release notes list but couldn’t find if “pressing Shift/Ctrl unselects midi note”

We got confirmation that this is in Steinberg’s internal database, Is it fixed with this update?
Unfortunately I cannot check since my trial of 11 is expired and this is show stopper for moving on 11.
Thanks

no it’s broken using mouse only:
please see here

Thanks Unoute, but I see on the other thread (please see here) you’ve just confirmed it’s still broken using the mouse. Sorry I forgot to mention I was referring to mouse use only.

1 Like

You are talking about 10db headroom below 0dbfs. The team about headroom above 0dbfs

@User131231 Unfortunately this is not fixed yet, but it is scheduled for 11.0.20 as well.

Oh. Ok. Sorry.

/Magnus

How would you rate your overall satisfaction with the Cubase 11.0.10 update?
  • Very unsatisfied
  • Unsatisfied
  • Neutral
  • Satisfied
  • Very satisfied

0 voters

1 Like

Thanks for the fast and precise replay @Matthias_Quellmann looking forward!
Cheers

1 Like

is there a reason to be using mouse and not your keyboard?

Personal preference?

I know people who’s keyboard sits under their desk on a slider, and in front of them on the desk is a MIDI keyboard and trackball sat on top. They only roll the keyboard out when it comes to typing track names or saving files.

Thanks for responding. Just for clarity - am I correct in saying that everything listed in the “Cubase Pro 11 Update” has been updated? In other words, if I want to be completely up to date with everything, I should install everything on the list? However, if I am not concerned with Groove Agent, Retrologue, Padshop, or any of the content sets, then I only need to download the core application? I am on Windows, by the way. If there are items in this list that have not been updated, then I’m puzzled as to why they’d appear there, so I think I know the answer. Still, I concur with the other posters as regards the lack of clarity in the download assistant.

Much appreciated.

1 Like

the only thing that has changed / needs installing is the main application plus Groove Agent / Retrologue.

Nothing else has changed and no reason to reinstall it.

I must admit, I was confused as well at first. Maybe add a “new” icon to the updated software parts within the download manager? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My mix methodology is not the common one I guess, but I like to keep my mixer faders around unity gain. I usually end up with my mix up to 6-12db in the red/over . I do this because I want to keep my audio free from rounding errors introduced by gain reduction/volume faders before it hits my mix bus. The overs are in the floating point mantissa, so the math is still correct because it is summed in the FP domain. Then I have Bit shift Gain plugin as a first plugin on the stereo bus is. This is a perfect gain plug-in that changes the gain in 6db steps but keeps the original waveform untouched. When I go to 24bit (from 32) the audio gets attenuated by 6 db and the level hits the rest of my stereo bus without overs. The advantage to this method is less rounding errors in the summing (all faders at unity gain) and the waveform is bit by bit EXACTLY the same as when it was in the FP domain (+6 to 12db over), just with a 6db lower headroom/6db higher noise floor. So for me it would be very useful to have a meter that shows what’s going on in the floating point domain up to 12db OVER my master before it hits the bit shift gain.

1 Like