Cubase 11.0.20 maintenance update

Continued checking a few things and stumbled again over the “Destinations” tab in the “Stereo Out” Channel. It is empty since “Stereo Out” features no sends at all. So there is a large grey area by default with no use. Only if you switch to “Cue Sends” it shows something more useful. Furtheremore the GUI is glitchy as the text “Destinations” is partly covering the “Bypass” button for the (none existing) Sends.

So I think you are talking about the independent scaling options, right? 'Cos reading Zoom it was looking for something else.

I stand corrected, you are quite correct.

Still the bug exist that changes in the display of MIDI Events via the Insepctor (i.e. from normal MIDI as bars to Drum Map) does not directly refresh the Event display. You’d have to hoover over the vents successively to see the changes, annoying. Was reported and confirmed as I understood but not considered to be a worthy fix?

Voted dissatisfied. Update was long overdue and didn’t fix my pain.

The entry in changelog says:

Some plug-ins with a resizable user interface were not displayed correctly.

And the bug I’ve described here in JANUARY still reproduces as described.

1 Like

Not a Cubase specific problem, but related to the used installer on Windows. All entries from jumplists are gone after the update from 11.0.10 to 11.0.20. Same happens with Blender. On the other hand programs like Ableton Live and the Affinity Suite keep jumplist after an update. And I remember that this wasn’t an issue in earlier versions prior to 11.

What’s a “jumplist” again in Windows 10? :thinking:

Dragging a sample into a sampler track still minimises the project window. Also the sampler window controls are cut off at the bottom off the screen so I cant see them. A problem that did not exist in 10.5.

Tried to check if the VST I had been having trouble with displaying properly , Reason Rack Plugin, worked better but it has disapeared from my plug in list! It won’t even load in a previously saved project that used it. It’s not in the black list, just vanished.

It’s just one thing after another with Cubase. It’s just crap software. I’ve never used anything that has so much broken junk in it.

2 Likes

When you right click a Program in the Start menu or in the task bar it shows you the last used files and you can pin files to it so they are always shown. You can also manually pin files to the jumplist. Some programs even add files to the jumplist opened not only by the file explorer but in the program itself.

1 Like

Just adding my voice here, this is really not ok!.
Is everyone at Steinberg using only macs?, because otherwise, I simply can not understand how can you ignore something so important / basic.
So either no one is using Windows or no one is using HiDpi …

The lines are all over the place, it’s literally impossible to know where the beats are!, it’s just random lines everywhere!.

5 Likes

This.
Why?
Why?
Always gets ignored, it was there in (I think) 10.5 and gone in the first update… every time it is mentioned, it is ignored. @Matthias_Quellmann can you give an explanation at all…? Surely, relatively, it is not the hardest thing to fix??

8 Likes

UHM… I’m afraid I won’t install this update, seeing all these complaints… it seems something on this update is so bad…

At this point I’m convinced that this will never be fixed!
Steinberg is totally aware of this issue and has known for over a year now but just doesn’t care.
Fixing this is obviously a very low priority to them.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. I will try to answer as many questions regarding still existing issues as possible. Please bear with me while I look up the issues in our system and gather the feedback from the teams.

In order not to bloat this thread, please create or link to the post with the issue report and details.

2 Likes

So far so good on MacBook Pro i7 running 10.14.6. Installed perfect. I think there is a few fixes in the mixdown window. On multiple export looks like the tracks are now being named correctly. Not sure if I’ll upgrade to MacOS 11 just yet.

Hi Steve, this is a known issue as stated by Martin in the issue post. Visual highlight missing for hovered tool in right-click toolbox - #3 by liljefelt

Unfortunately a fix is not as trivial as it may seem. That is why other fixes have been prioritised higher for now. But I totally understand the annoyance of the issue.

Also, the Arranger Track Audio Mixdown issue is not fixed
If you export with an Arranger Chain the export is just not complete, you have to flatten the Arrangement as a workaround. Quite cumversome

This is a bug I reported and was put off as a feature request but that is clearly not the case since two key commands of the same category behave differently in regards to focused Mixer windows.

and
This bug is supposedly fixed but that is not the case for all the Filter Targets in the PLE

Still not corrected use of the line tool ( Key Editor) does not show me the speed value. It works fine in Cubase 9.5, 10, 10.5. However, the Pencil tool does display the values.

@Pablin_Drummer @cubic13 I have commented on the window handling issue in the thread: Windows handling system -- Cubase goes behind other winows - #10 by Matthias_Quellmann

@Thurisaz @arieln I have commented on the HiDPI grid lines issue here: Cubase Pro 11 Project Window and Key Editor Grid Issue caused by HiDPI - #21 by Matthias_Quellmann

@Biochip @nikhollis @Dave_Peppiatt The line-break / two line issue on Windows is still on our list. Unfortunately the fix wasn’t scheduled for this update.

1 Like