Cubase 11.0.30 crashes randomly when I Stop recording MIDI

Hey! Issue seems to only happen when I press space bar after I press record to and record MIDI. Hasn’t happened with Audio. Happens randomly and it’s not track specific.

When it crashes and I reopen, it says that the application was terminated because of Cubase 11.

Running Cubase 11.0.30 on a Mac Pro 2019, running 10.15.7 Catalina.

I have a crash log, but I don’t have permission to post links yet.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome at the forum,

I have changed your permissions. Now you are allowed to attach to *.crash file. Please, attach it, so we can investigate.

Thanks Martin!

We tested if turning off “Reset on Stop” would help but it eventually crashed.

The crash also produces no hangs. Cubase just goes away.

Hi,

Please, make sure, you don’t have any MIDI Loop back at your system.

Reported to Steinberg, thank you.

Thanks Martin,
I do have a MIDI loopback in my system, but the crash doesn’t occur on any of my duplicate rigs with the same loopback. (my loopback is that a track selection causes a midi message to be outputted via a generic remote, which then loops back in via a midi cable so it hits the input and gets transformed for touchscreen controller purposes)

On detail that was noticed (might be a correlation) is that the crash seems to happen more often when the recording is stopped when there is currently MIDI being inputted. Like if I’m recording a long held note, decide i don’t like it and then press space bar before releasing the note on my MIDI controller.

Inside that same folder I linked earlier. I’ve included another more recent crash file. It seems to be
the same error.

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Could this be permission based?

Hi,

Are you sure the hardware pass the MIDI Message thru from the input to the output?

In any case, if there is a MIDI Loop, I would really avoid it.

Hi,

Could you share an example project, please?