Cubase 11.0.30 Maintenance Update Available

Hi, Armand. It looks like this.

Just ignore it. It installed.

My update was a little scary. After installing using the SDA, and starting Cubase. I got an error message that my Dongle was malfunctioning. Rebooted, fired up eLicenser and still error message that Dongle needs to be replaced.
Downloaded a fresh copy of eLicenser (same version as installed) and installed as admin. Opened eLicenser and all licenses were back.
Everything working again.

2 Likes

I am giving up the hope that any maintenance update will ever address things which must be fixed since long, None, literally none of the mentioned fixes ever had hit me, Instead all of the reported issues remained. So i gave up in believing Steinberg will ever listen. I guess it was also the last update for version 11. Next will be the almighty 11.5 to be purchased as a new bag of bugs. Thanks for letting me down.

4 Likes

User error, problem solved …

1 Like

@funkster1 Please make sure that you unfreeze and unlock the tracks you want to edit.

Sorry Matthias, where do I have my head … :face_with_monocle: :grin:
Solved

2 Likes

Actually we are currently discussing the behaviour of the performance meter in general in the team. Maybe the root of the problem is rather why the performance meter sets a warning in the first place.

2 Likes

@SteveHelstrip Unfortunately there was no. way to fix this for this update. The technology behind the toolbox had to be changed and some previously existing features like the highlight still have to be rebuilt from scratch.

2 Likes

■■■■ what I hate your assistant. It’s doing a lot more disturbing than helping.

I have had one issue with Cubase that has annoyed me to no end. Now it seems to be gone !!! :astonished:
It’s Cubase losing focus in Windows when hitting enter or otherwise closing dialogs inside Cubase. Tnen on my system (and I bet more than me) Cubase disappeared behind the next program in the program stack!!! And no, it didn’t crash and yeah, I could ALT+Tab it back into focus but doing that 50 times a day was a hobby I could lose without crying …

I tried the Key Commands dialog now ( which used to bomb without exception) and lo and behold Cubase doesn’t disappear !!! :sunglasses: :joy: :hugs: :sunglasses:

Other than that it’s just a X.x.30 update so I didn’t expect much. The focus thing is good enough for me and I won’t lose my mind again, at least not over that …

1 Like

Okay. Because I had to reinstall full Cubase, but, give us a complete Cubase 11.0.20, not just update !!! BUT URGENT PLEASE !!!

Was it already standard behavior for the History window to show the first step instead of the last one as soon as it’s open?

Had my first crash with .30 in 30 min with a nice dmp file. ntdll32 was apparently the culprit.

Also, please bring back localized undo, this was a real time saver. Don’t understand why it got removed at some point.

General rule of thumb, never update anything if things are generally working and you’re in the middle of mission critical urgent work. Imagine NASA doing an update in the middle of a rocket launch.

4 Likes

YES! Its not just me.
Would be nice to know what is actually updated and needs to be installed and what I have actually already installed.

1 Like

Can’t even update, stuck in a loop trying to sign in to Steinberg Download Assistant and it won’t let me. Yay. :laughing:

When I opened the Download Assistant it told me I wasn’t logged on. I clicked and it opened the browser, where I logged on in the Steinberg web site, that asked me later if I authorize Download Assistant to run. After that the DA worked. Maybe it can help.

(Sorry for double post).

1 Like

That’s where I’m stuck currently. I get to the page to sign in, I do and it tries to open the Download Assistant and nothing happens after that.

Cant install this update. Download assistant says I must log in - even though I just ran cubase 10.5, and there is no pop up window or way for me to enter my login information. Nothing happens when I press log in button even though I have accepted third party cookies 3 times during the process

@NBS-Studio @windbag @maggie and anyone else:
All downloads are available on the website if you don’t want to use the download assistant.