Cubase 11.0.30 Maintenance Update Available

Have to say, this is all speculation and a view of an outsider. Only Steinberg could answer and they do not. So we do not need users to figure out what’s not working right with Steinberg or what user think is their main problem with the application :wink: Don’t blame you but it is not us - the users - to justify a lame update policy.

2 Likes

Hi, What do you mean by “localized undo”?

In 10 and before (I think) you could undo things separately in different midi events. For example
you open an event do some things, close it, work in other events and stuff and when you came back to that event you could undo the things you changed inside that event. I don´t know if I make myself clear?

It was a veeeeery useful feature!

1 Like

Were these localized undos accessed via History, or someplace else?

Do you have a specific example? I’ll try it out to see if I can confirm it.

It does sound like a very useful feature.

just ctrl+z worked, so you could go try new ideas, and then keep working, and if they didn´t work you could go back event by event.

1 Like

Yes you could access these undos with Ctrl+H or directly with Ctrl+Z in the targeted event.
It was VERY useful indeed.

Thanks Pablo1980 for explaining this!

1 Like

I think it is a complex situation with various undo histories going on simultaneously so they simplified it, I hope it could be brought back but understand if it doesn´t

So when did this localized undo vanish? 10.0? 10.5? 11.0.30?

Thanks. We have reported this bug now.

I read it was still there in 10 but coming from C6 (which already had localized undos) I can’t confirm this.

Yeah! I’d love to see Download Assistant and Library Manager ground to flour and rebaked as one glorious app instead of two. Imagine the control and the power !!! :sunglasses:

Indeed, and when using the two, I get this, taking Padshop as example :

Which doesn’t help at all. Actually, and even if “recommended”, Padshop 2.0.30 is already installed…

So, none of these two are able to tell the us, users, these :

• which version of the involved VSTi is installed ?
  • Are the contents related to it up to date ?

Seems rather basic concerns to me, when trying to manage what is related to Steinberg products… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

The Mackie Hue Midi Setting Are Still Not Staying Sticking Whatever You Want To Call It ( That Sucks ) Because Everytime i Close a Project and Then Start It Back Up The Studio Setup Settings Mackie Hue Midi In and Midi Out Back To Default Not Connected i Have Been Waiting For This Update a Long Time AND IT STILL DID NOT FIX IT ( CAME ON STEINBERG ) I Am Getting Tired Of Resetting Stuff Every Time i Close Down And Restart

Maybe it was my adblocker or something. It asked to open the link in external software, so far so good, but when I accepted nothing happened.

If someone has the same issue: try in different browsers.

I have bug with all Sound Toys plugins!
when you click on any knob it moves to lower position and you cant change it’s value.
Very embarassing

Yes, works in 10.0.60, doesn’t work from 10.5 onwards. I want this back, too! This function was soooo useful. In fact, I used it all the time without even thinking about it - it was just intuitive.

1 Like

Since I’ve made the last update, I cannot select my wave fx plugins anymore. They are shown in the list of plugins, but I cannot select them , while others are possible to select. Does anyone can help me on this issue please.

Native access from native instruments is pretty ideal. That’s what I want from Steinberg.

What’s installed… What’s not… what needs updated.

4 Likes

Not seeing that here on latest Soundtoys version and not seeing it reported anywhere else right now either after some limited searching. Poss a bit premature to call it “embarrassing”!

Would be useful for others to know your OS, version, Soundtoys version etc, to help you trouble shoot. Soundtoys are well overdue for VST3 update IMO. Love the plugs, have the full bundle, but C’mon Soundtoys :slight_smile:

There’s still a mute issue remaining for disabled/enabled tracks in 11.0.30:

I was told that from version 10.5.10, mute state is not part of disabled tracks anymore, so they should always be unmuted when enabled. However, those tracks are still muted (but not indicated by mute button colors, which can be a bit tricky if one is not aware of this issue).

Reported, and repro, here:

1 Like