Cubase 11.0.41 crashing using VST Plugin

Dear All,

I have recently installed the Synth-Werk Plugin on my laptop bought by Bestservice. As soon as I use it in cubase, it crashes after a few minutes.
Cubase Pro 11.0.41
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 8 GB ram, Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

Is there anybody suffering from this issue? How can I gather crash log from Cubase?
What could be the root cause and the solution? It is really frustrating that I payed lots of money for cubase and also for the plugin, but I cannot use it! :frowning:

Can you help me please?

Many thanks,
Best regards,
Zoltan

See

Thank you for your prompt reply!
I have found it and will upload the latest crashdump file here. Hope it will help to find the root cause.
Many thanks,
Regards,
Zoltan

Uploaded the latest crashdump, please have a look at it.

Sorry, that was not the latest dump file. Strangely I cannot see the crashdump file from today, I will try to reproduce the crash and see whether a new dump file is creating.

I found only old crashdump files in the given location. I have removed all the old files, reproduced the crash, but no new crashdump generated. Is there any other location for the crashdump files?
Where can I configure the crashdump folder location in cubase?

I found something in '…\AppData\Local\CrashDumps. It is pretty big, so compressed into a zip file and uploaded. Please have a look.
Many thanks,
Regards,
Zoltan
Cubase11.exe.1256.zip (3.0 MB)

A crashlog file wil not always be generated bu Cubase with all crashes ie freezes which needs alt shift delete or task manager to end cubase running.
Somethings to try is asio guard on/off in plugin manager.
Abother option is to tru moving all the vsts in your plugin fokders vst and vst3 to a temporary back up folder and just have the one plugin you feel is causing the issue only.
If crash is mitigated using the offending plugin then thay nartows it down to another plugin.
Judt a couple of thoughts from my experience.

Thank you for the information. I am pretty sure, that the newly installed SYNTH-WERK Plugin causes the crash in Cubase, as I did not realize such a reoccuring crash before, only now, while I am working with this plugin.
I have disabled the asio guard for that in the plugin manager, hope it will help! If not, I will try out your other suggestions as well.

I’ll keep you updated.
Kind regards,
Zoltan

1 Like

Hi there,

Unfortunately disabling the asio guard did not help. I am still suffering from this issue. :frowning:
I have enabled debugging on the SYNTH-WERK plugin in Cubase, crash happened. I found only this log in Appdata folder of the plugin:
…\AppData\Local\Best Service\Engine\logs\Log 2_12_2021 20_46_54_5871360824348502.log

It writes only this information:
ENGINE Version 2.7.2.43 Windows 64 bit
20:46:54:838 (critical) crash!

This prooves that this plugin causes the crash.
I’m trying to set a deeper debug level.
Any advice are very welcome.

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Zoltan

I have set up the debugging in the config file. Another crash happened, please see the more detailed trace log in the attachment. It tells me not much, if anybody see something, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Best regards,
Zoltan
Log 2_12_2021 21_7_19_5038945841834271.dmp (22.1 KB)

Hi there,

In the meantime, I have opened a case @BestService. They was able to reproduce the issue according to my project file in Cubase. It seems the Engine GUI has a bug which generates the crash.
This is the same with the previous version of the engine., so they are working on a permanent solution.
Until then, I close the Engine GUI in Cubase when I am not using it and so it is not crashing.

I’ll keep you updated.

Kind regards,
Zoltan

Hi All,

Seems the issue is solved. Best Service has fixed the bug and sent me a beta Engine. Since I’m using that one, the Cubase is not crashing anymore. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Zoltan