Cubase 11 artist not recording

Apologies new to cubase, this forum and DAWs.

Cubase doesn’t seem to record anything. I can hear it. My set up is: Apple mac air m1, cubase artist 11 and a ur22c interface.

I’m using the apple mac to input sounds to cubase. Should the driver in the audio set up be built in driver or ur22c? I have speakers set through the ur22c interface.

Many thanks for any help or advice given.

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot of the Studio > Audio Connections > Inputs, please? Another screenshot of the MixConosle window [F3] with the Routing tab open. Another screenshot with the Project window, so we can see, how does the project look like, when you try to record.

Thank you for replying. I managed to record by adding a bus.
Can I ask, do you need to add a new bus and port for every new track?

I did encounter another issue, I was only hearing sound through my Mac. Not my speakers connected to a Steinberg ur22c interface. I tried changing the outputs and can now hear nothing. I have attached a screenshot of my input and output settings. Hopefully their attached

Hopefully they have attached okay. Many thanks for taking the time to read my post and help me out.

Hi,

No, you don’t. If you are going to record from already existing Input bus, you don’t have to add other Input Bus.

Your Mac Audio Device (Built-in Audio) is other ASIO driver than UR22c (Yamaha Steinberg ASIO Driver). You would need to switch the driver in the Studio > Studio Setup > Audio System first.