Cubase 11 Blank Audio parts (events)

Hi’
have an issue on a new win 10 laptop, (lenovo legion 5i pro)
installed the core cubase pro 11 program+GA SE,HSE retroluge and padshop, just for quick test of the laptop (dont have the time right now to download and do full install and checking )
anyway i downloaded also the demo project “Venus theory” and when opened, most of the project the audio tracks are with empty parts(events) and GA SE is missing some audio files (i think its files that the composer added to GA SE and not from GA SE library)
also cubase does not show "“Missing files” alert for the audio tracks when loading the project, only for GA SE it alerts.
any clue for the reason ? (the files are in the audio folder but not linked to the project !) maybe its something with the laptop folder or file permissions ? i sure will check it more next week when have the time, but its first time i have this and couldn’t find fast solution

Hi,

Can you hear the sound when you play the project back?

Could you try to change the Zoom level?

What graphic card do you use? Is the graphic card compatible with Windows 10 and Cubase 11?

i cant hear the sound of the blank parts or open them in sample editor etc…
the graphic is Nvidia RTX 3050 its compatible with win 10, not sure about cubase 11, but its should “display” everything, just not sure about its DPC Latency for audio smoothness ,but its another area i will check later

Hi,

Can you see the waveform in the Pool window, please?

Where does the Path point to in the Pool? Is it valid path? Can you see the WAV files in that place?

Have you installed all the media?

i didnt instal all the media/content that comes with cubase pro 11 yet,
probably the problem is there ?
although some audio files on audio tracks are missing (“blank”) too. i tried on my studio the same project with nuendo 11 and all contents installed, there it work fine, on my old laptop with cubase pro 10.5 its the same problem cuz there is no cubase 11 installed with all its content there ,
so thats probably the problem with that specific project that i wanted to test ! :man_shrugging:
i just dont understand if thats really the problem’ how come some audio files on audio tracks are missing too!?
so cubase projects knows to take a file from steinberg content and add it to the projects from there without copying it to the audio folder first ?
(or maybe i just not in focus and mess-up checking things wrongly !, too many gigs this week !! :upside_down_face:))
thanks guys, when have the time ill install all content anyway,and check it again just of curiosity

made the install all for cubase pro 11 on the download manger, and now it works fine .
Did shout for nothing !

Hi,

Can you see the waveform in the Pool window, please?

Where does the Path point to in the Pool? Is it valid path? Can you see the WAV files in that place?

I couldn’t run the demo track until I installed all the media

Its all good now after installation of all cubase content.
I dont care about the demo project))) just tought
Maybe somthing was wrong with the new laptop and cubase not recognzing audio files in the project.