Cubase 11 controller issues

I am having some trouble setting up a Nuances CC controller in cubase and having the CC information pass smoothing from the hardware controller to Cubase and then to VIenna Ensemble Pro. It seems while “default” CC messages are making it through (CC7 for example) CC11, and CC21 are being filtered out before they even make it to the input of Cubase. To add to the confusion if I set the input to the MIDI track to be the Nuances controller the CC messages work just fine. The problem only seems to occur when I’m on “All MIDI Inputs”. I am at a loss as to what is going on and why I can’t get the Nuances controller to send the messages through to the MIDI track.

Hi,

Open Preferences > MIDI > MIDI Filter and make sure the CCs 11 and 21 are not filtered out here, please.

Nothing is checked.

Ron Sorbo
www.ronsorbo.com

Hi,

By default SysEx is enabled here.

Double-check Studio > Studio Setup all Remote Devices, please. Make sure, your MIDI Keyboard is not set as MIDI Input of any Remote Device, especially Quick Controls, please.

Here are two pics. Correct?

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 8.14.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-29 at 8.13.51 PM.png

Ron Sorbo
www.ronsorbo.com

Hi,

The MIDI CCs 11 & 21 are eaten by the Quick Controls. I wouldn’t also set the Generic Remote Devices MIDI Input to All. Please, set both Inputs to Not Connected.

Great, got it to work! Thanks so very much.

Ron

Hi Martin,

Another question. I’ve been using Cubase 11 for a few months and can’t seem to “see” controller data like I could in Cubase 10. Attached is a picture of what I am accustomed to seeing from Cubase 10. Is there some other “view” that I am missing? Thanks so much!

IMG_8114.jpeg

Ron Sorbo
www.ronsorbo.com

Hi,

This is an automation track.

You can see the MIDI CCs in the Key Editor > Controller Lane.

So Cubase 11 does not have automation tracks as in Cubase 10, correct?

Thanks,

Ron Sorbo
www.ronsorbo.com

Hi,

Cubase 11 has automation tracks, same as Cubase 10. In the MIDI > CC Automation Setup, you can choose, if you want to record the MIDI CCs as automation or MIDI controllers to the Key Editor.